Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
HELP!!! Baby won't stop crying with babysitter

LO

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:33 am
My baby is almost 3 months old and overall a happy and easy to deal with baby....I just got a babysitter at my house so that I can work (from home), a nice Mexican grandmother. She is not here much, about 12 hours a week. It's been a few weeks and the baby refuses to accept her!!! I am here (try not to be visible so baby doesn't see me), so I see she is nice to him, but he just keeps crying.... What do I do? I doubt another babysittter would be different because it's still a stranger.....

Did anyone have this, and how did you deal with it? I never heard of stranger anxiety with such a small baby....

HELP!!!! Going out of my wits here...

LO

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:34 am
Just to add - the main issue (I think) is that he won't eat with her.....I pump and bottle feed, so it's not like he is missing the nursing, but if he doesn't eat well, of course he is cranky...

I was thinking of having her come every day for a week so he can get used to her - do u think that would work?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 12:59 pm
I would try another one. Your baby may be picking up a vibe from her. She may seem like a sweet gramma to you, but baby may sense a wolf in sheep's clothes.

LO

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 1:01 pm
Do you guys think that having her come every day for a week would help? or would the baby just forget her by the following weekend?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 1:45 pm
Listen to your baby's cues. Hope you have an easy time finding someone fantastic.

momofqts

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 9:05 pm
Listen to your baby! Its her way of communicating.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics