Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Fake news Washington Post Roy Moore allegations

Jeanette

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 6:21 pm
This story is one of the most hysterical crazy articles of the year.

Watch what happens when Project Veritas tries to plant fake Roy Moore allegations in the Fake News Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com......html

WhatFor

Post Mon, Nov 27 2017, 11:12 pm
So insane. However, I was very impressed when I learned how thorough journalists are before publishing such allegations.

As for veritas and this woman.....imagine how immoral you have to be to try to create a false zex assault allegation for the sole purpose of trying to discredit actual zex assault victims - not only of Roy Moore but of all zex assault victims.

This stunt truly backfired on veritas because it gave WaPo so much more credibility.

PS- DT made a 10k dollar charitable donation to Veritas in 2015.

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 5:06 am
WhatFor wrote:
So insane. However, I was very impressed when I learned how thorough journalists are before publishing such allegations.

As for veritas and this woman.....imagine how immoral you have to be to try to create a false zex assault allegation for the sole purpose of trying to discredit actual zex assault victims - not only of Roy Moore but of all zex assault victims.

This stunt truly backfired on veritas because it gave WaPo so much more credibility.

PS- DT made a 10k dollar charitable donation to Veritas in 2015.

Actually, I don't think it backfired so much. I think it moved their agenda forward which is to discredit news.

So what they caught this one. How many more did they miss? That's the message. Both sides plant stories.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 6:56 am
Squishy wrote:
Actually, I don't think it backfired so much. I think it moved their agenda forward which is to discredit news.

So what they caught this one. How many more did they miss? That's the message. Both sides plant stories.

What this proves is that there is a right wing group actively trying to plant fake news stories and Washington Post caught them by careful reporting and fact-checking. It shows that the WP goes to great lengths NOT to publish fake news.

Where is your evidence that there is a similar effort by a LW group to plant fake news stories?

If Project Veritas planted other fake news stories that the WaPo did not catch, wouldn't they have publicized those? Why are they trying to plant fake news anyway?

WhatFor

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 9:30 am
This is a great article about the bad faith of Veritas. In summary, if Veritas really wanted to give its readership the truth about whether news was honest or dishonest, it could have told its readers about its efforts and about how WaPo rose to the occasion and did what proper journalists are supposed to. Bc Veritas is supposed to reveal the truth, not push an agenda, right?

The fact that they dug their heels in despite the fact that WaPo did everything right shows that they are operating in bad faith. They don't want to promote truth; they just want you to disbelieve what's actually true. Look at who donates to them (and it's not just the individual I mentioned above.)

For those who don't get the significance of this: dictatorships/autocracies thrive on stifling media. One way to do that, particularly in the internet age, is to get ppl to not believe any media. Get citizens to not believe anyone, not believe the media and not believe there are any actual truths. Then tell them to only believe you and a certain propaganda network that unwaveringly supports you.

https://www.theatlantic.com/po.....6869/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics