Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What chocoalte or nosh is special for Israel
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 10:43 am
chanchy123 wrote:
Blonde chocolate bar, burnt caramel chocolate bar. It's really good comes in three flavors. I don't think you can get that in NY yet. I just brought that to friends in Brooklyn last week. I think the almond was the best.

What company makes these? What color package so I can guide my husband what to look for?

chanchy123

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
What company makes these? What color package so I can guide my husband what to look for?

I think they're golden chocolate bars, by Elite.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 11:29 am
I like the Carmit chocolate. They have a milk free line and a sugar free line with good flavors.

etky

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 11:38 am
amother wrote:

They're called בלונדי. By Elite.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 1:51 pm
Pesek Zman chocolate spread!

chulentalakiddush

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 6:55 pm
My kids and we adults liked trying all the interesting dried fruits from the shuk. Dried watermelon, pumello, strawberries etc. The strawberries were my absolute favorite.
And if you like really strong minty gum, you should get airwaves menthol flavor.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 1:12 am
Oy vey! I almost forgot: Mekupelet Chocolate! Sooo Israeli

DrMom

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 2:37 am
I love these chocolate coated petit buerre cookies:

rivkam

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 7:36 am
amother wrote:
Pesek Zman chocolate spread!

I second that! My dh is always jealous of me having nutella as he is makpid about chalav nachri. I found this in the supermarket and he was so happy. Yummy stuff

debsey

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 7:56 am
Melech Halvah - any flavor (but from that store only)
mango and apricot fruit leather (the fresh type)
The dried strawberries (we don't trust the hechsher on that here, only in Israel. And they're so fresh there)
I always ask for a loaf of uncut Angel's bread and some Gerlitz bourekas, but only because those two foods take me back to my sem days.

Merrymom

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 10:00 am
Definitely Kinder eggs, they're chocolate with a surprise toy inside. Yes you can find them at some stores here but they're $4 a piece here! That's ridiculous. They sell them for cheap at the shuk especially if you buy a bunch and can haggle the price down a little.

debsey

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 11:21 am
Merrymom wrote:
Definitely Kinder eggs, they're chocolate with a surprise toy inside. Yes you can find them at some stores here but they're $4 a piece here! That's ridiculous. They sell them for cheap at the shuk especially if you buy a bunch and can haggle the price down a little.

Those Kinder eggs remind me too much of Easter eggs.....

imasoftov

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 12:34 am
debsey wrote:

Just call them Esther eggs ...

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 1:00 am
debsey wrote:

the cy ones I found had fireman sam on them. Not easter-ish at all.

(We eat eggs on pesach - does that remind you of easter eggs?)

water_bear88

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 8:25 am
imasoftov wrote:
Just call them Esther eggs ...

So they get Eoster and we get Ishtar? (and does the censor catch either of those?)

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 8:32 am
Apropo

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 8:45 am
When we first moved here, DD was absolutely obsessed with Kinder eggs. You won't find them in the US, because they are illegal to sell there. It's because the toys are a choking hazard for kids under 3. Totally legal to import for personal use, though.

Personally, my guilty pleasure is the Bamba with the chocolate filling. Oh my gosh, it is so addicting! (Especially when I'm feeling hormonal. Wink )

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:10 am
I feel so stupid. I just dont understand ops question. every single nosh that is mentioned iin this thread is so easliy availbale here. so it wouldnt even be a chidush for ops kids. what am I missing? and everything thats there is here too. help me understand this.

op you want something only israel makes and americans cant get their hands on easily? call me stupid but thats how I feel now.

SpottedBanana

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:33 am
amother wrote:
I feel so stupid. I just dont understand ops question. every single nosh that is mentioned iin this thread is so easliy availbale here. so it wouldnt even be a chidush for ops kids. what am I missing? and everything thats there is here too. help me understand this.

op you want something only israel makes and americans cant get their hands on easily? call me stupid but thats how I feel now.

As far as I understand yes, OP is asking what candies are available only in Israel that she should bring back to the US. For example Doritos and Skittles, which only have hechsherim in Israel.

DrMom

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 10:05 am
amother wrote:

- How do you know where OP lives? Maybe OP doesn't live in an area that gets lots of Israeli imports in the local stores?

- It's still nice to get gifts from abroad. People come back from France and bring wine and cheese, even though French wines and cheeses are available in other countries.

- Kids appreciate sweets and getting presents, no matter if they are commonplace or unusual.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions