Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Are shoes supposed to leave red marks on top of the feet?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 8:53 am
I recently bought sneakers online for my 3 year old. He loved them, but I noticed a red mark on the top of his feet after wearing them. So I took him to a shoe store, got him fitted, and spent almost $100 on a pair of shoes (that's all they had- they didn't have any cheaper pairs in his size!). Well guess what, he gets red marks from these shoes, too!
Is this normal?
Should I try to return them (or return via amex), or is this normal?
If it's not normal, what could the problem be, and what shoes could fix the problem? Thanks!

Blessing1

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 9:01 am
Is the shoe I high top? Maybe his foot is too flat & it rubs the edge of the shoe when walking. Is he complaining that it hurts? I would go back to the store & ask them about it. Maybe you just need to put in an insole or toungue pad.

emunahmother

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 9:06 am
Are they tied to tight? Or Velcro is pulled too tight?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 9:21 am
He does not complain that it hurts.
The shoe is not a high top, and is not tied too tightly.

weasley

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 11:27 am
Following this as I just noticed the same with my 2 yr old.
I wondered if it's bc he may have a high arch and his foot is pressing against the top of the shoe??

MyUsername

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 5:34 pm
They shouldn't be leaving marks. If they do, it may be an indication that you are fastening them too tight. Either way, you can get a little felt adhesive insert to stick onto the top of the shoe in that area to get rid of it. Ask at a shoe store or make it yourself with felt and some kind of adhesive.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 6:15 pm
It could be that he has a high arch or a chubby toddler foot. (Not an insult!). Lots of toddlers have chubby deep feet so it isn't that a shoe isn't wide enough, it's it isn't deep enough. Run your hand across the front of the shoe while he is wearing it. If there is movement in the material it is not too tight.

I wouldn't add a felt pad as that will make even less room for his foot. Make sure his socks aren't rucked up or creased. If it doesn't bother him (especially if he has some natural padding on his foot) I wouldn't worry too much. Or look for a deeper shoe.

-a trained children's shoe fitter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics