Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Amazon doesn't seem to realize I got the package

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:15 pm
I know this is an AYLOR type of thing but I have never found one who has time for these little things Sad It's a long-term problem.

Meanwhile, I ordered an item from Amazon for about $10. I received the item a couple of days later as expected. Instead of getting a notification from Amazon that my item was delivered, I got an email saying "We're sorry your package has been delayed." When I open the "track package" page online it says "out for delivery" on Monday, and then "A carrier delay has occurred" on Tuesday.

Should I or do I have to tell them that I received the item already? If I don't, not only would I probably get a refund, I think they give you an extra month of Prime if your Prime order doesn't arrive on time. So now through no fault or dishonesty of my own, they think my Prime order didn't get here when it was supposed to.

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:24 pm
They don't extend your Prime membership unless you contact them to complain. I believe that they may also be the case as far as credit for the item, as they bill your CC when it ships, and unless you contact them to say you never got it, I don't know if they ever refund it on their own (though they may if enough time goes by?).

It's also possible that in the next day or two, it will update to show that it was delivered (I've had that happen), so I'd sit tight and wait. Even if they never do, halachically, this is called ta'us akum (a mistake made by a non-Jew), which you are not halachically obligated to return or bring to their attention, though it is commendable to do so if you can make a Kiddush Hashem (by telling them that I'm Jewish and my religion teaches us to be honest and ethical).

chaya35

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:30 pm
I recently had this and after a few days the status changed that it was delivered.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 3:45 pm
chaya35 wrote:
I recently had this and after a few days the status changed that it was delivered.

Me too. I've had this several times. Just ignore it.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 3:51 pm
Don't worry, they're not tripping over themselves to give you refunds or credits you didn't ask for.

If they do give you a refund for an item you received, you will get an email about it.

lavenderchimes

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 4:45 pm
If you are worried, just call them. Otherwise, just wait and see if it gets resolved. My experience is that they won't refund or credit or re-ship without you asking for it.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 5:09 pm
Honestly I don't get this. Why wouldn't you tell them? Won't you feel like a thief if they give you a credit for something you received?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions