Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
How much do you think about North Korea?
Previous  1  2  3

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 1:33 pm
Moonlight wrote:
I personally am quite terrified. I think US should destroy NK right now. We have to protect the US before we protect SK. I am scared for my children. Terrified.

Yaakov had a 3 pronged approach to Eisav:

1)gifts (diplomacy)
2)prayer (what we always need to do)
3)getting ready for war

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 1:37 pm
Moonlight wrote:
I personally am quite terrified. I think US should destroy NK right now. We have to protect the US before we protect SK. I am scared for my children. Terrified.

Starting WW3 will most certainly affect your children. And what about all those innocent Korean children??

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 1:47 pm
Moonlight wrote:

Remember, what you propose is killing more than 25 million people in North Korea, most of whom have done nothing other than have the misfortune to be born in North Korea. Not to mention the millions who would be killed in South Korea, which would inevitably be attacked by North Korea.

And how do you propose that the US do such a thing, anyway. Nuclear attack? That would make a big swath of the world unsafe. And it would provoke a reaction from North Korea's allies.

Besides, how does that make us better than them, except that we survive? Maybe

I'm scared for my kids, too. They're all in their teens. I don't want a war. I don't want them, or their friends, drafted, and dying. For what?

I wish I had the answers. I clearly don't. But I'm pretty sure that the answers isn't killing millions of people.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 2:17 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Remember, what you propose is killing more than 25 million people in North Korea, most of whom have done nothing other than have the misfortune to be born in North Korea. Not to mention the millions who would be killed in South Korea, which would inevitably be attacked by North Korea.

And how do you propose that the US do such a thing, anyway. Nuclear attack? That would make a big swath of the world unsafe. And it would provoke a reaction from North Korea's allies.

Besides, how does that make us better than them, except that we survive? Maybe

I'm scared for my kids, too. They're all in their teens. I don't want a war. I don't want them, or their friends, drafted, and dying. For what?

I wish I had the answers. I clearly don't. But I'm pretty sure that the answers isn't killing millions of people.

But that being said, we must prepare for the possibility and I am not sure that we are prepared for that possibility.

sequoia

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 2:17 pm
What allies?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 2:25 pm
I'm with LovesHashem on this one.

I live 6 kilometers south of the Lebanese border. If I stayed up all night worrying about that, I'd be an absolute wreck. The fact is, I'm far more likely to get hit by a taxi who is not paying attention at a crosswalk.

We all die exactly when Hashem wants us to die, and not a minute sooner or later.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 2:33 pm
sequoia wrote:
What allies?

Syria. Cuba. Maybe Russia. And a few others that are pretty meaningless.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 2:53 pm
sequoia wrote:
What allies?

Not just North Korea's allies. What about the US's allies? What makes anybody think the rest of the world would support the murder of millions of innocent Koreans? Plus when the nuclear fallout starts to hit the environment and affect millions of others in the area.... Which US ally would stand behind the US if it did this?

sequoia

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 2:58 pm
When you attend a funeral
It is sad to think that sooner or
Later those you love will do the same for you
And you may have thought it tragic
Not to mention other adjec-
Tives, to think of all the weeping they will do
(But don't you worry.)

No more ashes, no more sackcloth
And an arm band made of black cloth
Will some day nevermore adorn a sleeve
For if the bomb that drops on you
Gets your friends and neighbors too
There'll be nobody left behind to grieve

And we will all go together when we go
What a comforting fact that is to know
Universal bereavement
An inspiring achievement
Yes, we all will go together when we go

We will all go together when we go
All suffused with an incandescent glow
No one will have the endurance
To collect on his insurance
Lloyd's of London will be loaded when they go

Oh we will all fry together when we fry
We'll be French fried potatoes by and by
There will be no more misery
When the world is our rotisserie
Yes, we all will fry together when we fry

And we will all bake together when we bake
There'll be nobody present at the wake
With complete participation
In that grand incineration
Nearly three billion hunks of well-done steak

Oh we will all char together when we char
And let there be no moaning of the bar
Just sing out a Te Deum
When you see that I.C.B.M.
And the party will be come-as-you-are

Oh, we will all burn together when we burn
There'll be no need to stand and wait your turn
When it's time for the fallout
And Saint Peter calls us all out
We'll just drop our agendas and adjourn

And we will all go together when we go
Every Hottentot and every Eskimo
When the air becomes uranious
We will all go simultaneous
Yes, we all will go together
When we all go together
Yes we all will go together when we go

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 3:05 pm
WhatFor wrote:

Not just North Korea's allies. What about the US's allies? What makes anybody think the rest of the world would support the murder of millions of innocent Koreans? Plus when the nuclear fallout starts to hit the environment and affect millions of others in the area.... Which US ally would stand behind the US if it did this?

First of all the US has the ability to knock out NK nuclear site without killing millions of north koreans. When NK retaliates by firing into south korea, SK might respond by killing millions of north koreans. For the most part, SK will have all the blood on their hands.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 3:31 pm
sequoia wrote:
When you attend a funeral
It is sad to think that sooner or
Later those you love will do the same for you
And you may have thought it tragic
Not to mention other adjec-
Tives, to think of all the weeping they will do
(But don't you worry.)
SNIP

Who doesn't love Tom Lehrer?

Fox

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 5:40 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Nobody I want to know, that's for sure!

youngishbear

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 6:38 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

He gets the fox and the sixofwands
The eskimos and hottentots

To agree on something all together for a change...

Music

Fox

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 6:43 pm
The story is not North Korea; it's China. While China said they wouldn't support NK in the event of an unprovoked attack on the US, they are the ones propping up Kim Jung Un and keeping NK from starving to death -- as well as enabling them to purchase nuclear weapons components.

While we shouldn't entirely discount NK, I think it's simply a distraction from China's Belt and Road Initiative ("one belt, one road"). If NK can distract the West while China expands control over the South China Sea, the South Pacific, and the Indian Ocean -- we'll have far greater worries than NK lobbing missiles at us.

The smart cat doesn't chase the red dot. She pounces on the laser pointer.

Petra

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 8:58 pm
I think about it when I read the news snippets. I try to read them daily.

It would be difficult to poise enough troops in SK in the event that NK does something warranting declaration of war without provoking NK to act preemptively. There are US military bases in SK now but that isn't nearly enough personnel in case something happens now. NK would be murdering tons of SK citizens and the US troops. Our military is spread thin and actively operating all over the place at the cost of breaking equipment, planes and burned out troops, sailors and pilots. This is what I read in the news. And although it's not said as much, any war with NK would mean very strained relationship with China, if not war.

Perhaps this is how it all ends. One nutty person in the White House with a big ego and a nutty person in NK and they both go at it and take us all out with them!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:20 pm
Petra wrote:
I think about it when I read the news snippets. I try to read them daily.

It would be difficult to poise enough troops in SK in the event that NK does something warranting declaration of war without provoking NK to act preemptively. There are US military bases in SK now but that isn't nearly enough personnel in case something happens now. NK would be murdering tons of SK citizens and the US troops. Our military is spread thin and actively operating all over the place at the cost of breaking equipment, planes and burned out troops, sailors and pilots. This is what I read in the news. And although it's not said as much, any war with NK would mean very strained relationship with China, if not war.

Perhaps this is how it all ends. One nutty person in the White House with a big ego and a nutty person in NK and they both go at it and take us all out with them!

G-d in Heaven have mercy!

Laiya

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 12:08 am
Fox wrote:
The story is not North Korea; it's China. While China said they wouldn't support NK in the event of an unprovoked attack on the US, they are the ones propping up Kim Jung Un and keeping NK from starving to death -- as well as enabling them to purchase nuclear weapons components.

While we shouldn't entirely discount NK, I think it's simply a distraction from China's Belt and Road Initiative ("one belt, one road"). If NK can distract the West while China expands control over the South China Sea, the South Pacific, and the Indian Ocean -- we'll have far greater worries than NK lobbing missiles at us.

The smart cat doesn't chase the red dot. She pounces on the laser pointer.

Mostly, China's interest has been regional stability; that's why it's been providing economic assistance to NK.

North Korea is seen as a buffer between China and US troops and interests stationed in South Korea.

And, if NK were to collapse, China would have to contend with a flood of refugees, as well as possible nuclear fallout.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics