Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Will President Trump PLEASE stop Tweeting...
1  2  3  4  Next

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 7:57 am
http://thehill.com/homenews/ad.....weets

Before he gets us all killed.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 8:42 am
Nope. It's not even 9 am in Washington DC and potus has already tweeted about North Korea and the New York times.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 8:50 am
If anyone wants to beat Trump in the next election, all they have to do is to make a campaign promise to stay off of social media.

pause

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 8:51 am
All I can think is, "Such a baby!"

WhatFor

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:05 am
Randy Rainbow parodied this way back when he was still president elect.... He wasn't even president yet. Things have not improved.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:22 am
Thanks Whatfor, because I am a Randy Rainbow fan but don't remember seeing that one.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:25 am
Where is General Kelly? Does he feel there is a greater good in letting Trump continue freely Tweeting?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:39 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Where is General Kelly? Does he feel there is a greater good in letting Trump continue freely Tweeting?

Do you think he can really control the President? Does anyone think they can really control him?

I don't have a clue what the answer to Korea is, or if there even is an answer. I just don't think that taunting a madman is ever a good idea.

In any case, while its not Randy Rainbow, this Andy Borowitz piece is amusing, especially if you're familiar with Elton John lyrics:

https://www.newyorker.com/humo.....y-cat

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 9:58 am
A joke has been going around that if Trump keeps acting like a teenage girl he'll have Roy Moore coming after him in the White House. Smile

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 10:06 am
doctorima wrote:
A joke has been going around that if Trump keeps acting like a teenage girl he'll have Roy Moore coming after him in the White House. Smile

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 10:08 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Do you think he can really control the President? Does anyone think they can really control him?

I don't have a clue what the answer to Korea is, or if there even is an answer. I just don't think that taunting a madman is ever a good idea.

In any case, while its not Randy Rainbow, this Andy Borowitz piece is amusing, especially if you're familiar with Elton John lyrics:

https://www.newyorker.com/humo.....y-cat

At first I thought it was real and then I remembered that it was Andy Borowitz Rolling Laughter

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 10:10 am
PinkFridge wrote:

He gets up early in the morning to tweet before his handlers are up to distract him. At wits end

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 10:24 am
southernbubby wrote:
He gets up early in the morning to tweet before his handlers are up to distract him. At wits end

Does Trump ever sleep?

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 10:29 am
Maybe someone here on imamother knows Ivanka, and can persuade her to take away his phone? What do you think?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 10:31 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
Maybe someone here on imamother knows Ivanka, and can persuade her to take away his phone? What do you think?

Why isn't Ivanka on imamother.com? She is an Orthodox Jewish woman. Someone should let her know about it. I don't run in her circles but does anyone on Imamother daven in her shul?

ckk

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 11:30 am
southernbubby wrote:
Rolling Laughter

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 11:37 am
Theresa May is very upset with him for re-tweeting from an anti-Muslim hate group called Britain First. He said that May should mind her own business. Maybe we should all learn from Trump how to stand up for ourselves, even when we are wrong Twisted Evil

Jeanette

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 12:25 pm
I don't want him to stop tweeting. I want him tweeting all day. I want him in a room with a phone and TV and no other distractions. I hope his phone is well stocked with videos and games as well. And on weekends he can golf.

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 12:51 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Theresa May is very upset with him for re-tweeting from an anti-Muslim hate group called Britain First. He said that May should mind her own business. Maybe we should all learn from Trump how to stand up for ourselves, even when we are wrong Twisted Evil

And over 91,000 people liked that. Radical Islam scares a lot of people. I agree we should focus on the message not on Trump. How many Islamic terrorist attacks in 2017 so far until the middle of November?

14091 people killed
13583 people injured

In 2016

21262 people killed
26722 people injured

DT has messages that resonate with a lot of folks with common sense. People are scared. I am scared for the future of the US. I am scared for Europe now.

Those that don't like him are looking for anything to mock. If he didn't tweet, that would be a problem too. People mock him for things that would be hands off for other politicians. They mock his hair and his skin color. Imagine if the opposition was making fun of Obama's grizzled hair or his darker skin. How about if they poked fun of his ears or his negroid features? Why is this allowed to be so mainstreamed?

Don't present isolated examples of Obama being mocked. The physical mocking of Trump is widespread as exhibited in this thread.

I don't condem Trump for bypassing a hostile press to get his message directly to the people. Good for him!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 1:29 pm
Squishy wrote:
And over 91,000 people liked that. Radical Islam scares a lot of people. I agree we should focus on the message not on Trump. How many Islamic terrorist attacks in 2017 so far until the middle of November?

14091 people killed
13583 people injured

In 2016

21262 people killed
26722 people injured

DT has messages that resonate with a lot of folks with common sense. People are scared. I am scared for the future of the US. I am scared for Europe now.

Those that don't like him are looking for anything to mock. If he didn't tweet, that would be a problem too. People mock him for things that would be hands off for other politicians. They mock his hair and his skin color. Imagine if the opposition was making fun of Obama's grizzled hair or his darker skin. How about if they poked fun of his ears or his negroid features? Why is this allowed to be so mainstreamed?

Don't present isolated examples of Obama being mocked. The physical mocking of Trump is widespread as exhibited in this thread.

I don't condem Trump for bypassing a hostile press to get his message directly to the people. Good for him!

When I used to be on Facebook, those who hated Obama sent out memes of Obama as a monkey, a donkey, etc. so that has been going on since the Obama administration. Maybe it has become more widespread with Trump since it is unusual for a man his age to have blond hair. Trump has also mocked other people such as calling a Latina former pageant winner Miss Piggy and Miss Housekeeping. The mocking of a handicapped reporter seems to be debatable with supporters saying that he wasn't mocking the reporter and detractors saying that he was.

The problem with tweeting anything that appears to smear any group is the following:

1) there was evidence that the Britain First video was a misrepresentation and the facts in it had not been verified

2) such propaganda has been used in the past against Jews

3) Muslims have dangerous groups and fringe elements but most Muslims in America just want to live their lives (although there are members of ISIS in Dearborn, MI).

4)In the name of diplomacy, POTUS should not be sending out messages that could damage diplomatic relationships

5)It looks very unprofessional to simply tweet anything he wants. The military did not ask him to tweet that transgenders could no longer serve. That caused quite a stir because there are ways to properly inform the public if the military makes that decision.

6)If he is such a diplomat, the first place to start is with the press. The press has always been trusted in the past to impart news to the people. If they are not allowed to function as the press has always functioned, they will be hostile.

7)Does showing the public scary videos about Muslims actually do anything to prevent Muslim violence?

8)Is the public that watches those videos simply going to retweet them all over the place and put them on Facebook or are they going to demand that Muslims not be allowed into the US? If they do demand that, is that fair to Muslims who would never harm anyone. I have met some Muslims, who were quite friendly and I don't hide my religion, particularly if I am with grandchildren wearing yarmulkas and tzitzis. There is a current Ami article about a Muslim who loves Israel. Why should we go out of our way to alienate them and make enemies?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics