Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Will President Trump PLEASE stop Tweeting...
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

southernbubby

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 10:29 pm
Squishy wrote:
In my county they get immediate medical and dental treatment. If they say they can't afford the copay, it is waived. It is so generous, we have medical/dental tourism. Come here on vacation and get your teeth fixed for free. No residency requirements. Nor is proof of poverty required. They take everyone's word they can't pay. I know illegal immigrant men making the prevailing wage. They get free services.

The kids get Medicaid, free school, free breakfast and lunch.

There are also programs founded by Johnson to empower the poor. I used to volunteer at a branch in a different county. They never asked immigration status. They provided job training, day care services, assistance with housing expenses like fuel or insulation among their programs. Since there isn't infinate resources, our citizens should get preference.

The illegal immigrants also use municipal resources disproportionately to the property taxes paid on their housing. (They squeeze in more families than the CO allows. Sometimes, they sleep in shifts). One person doesn't make a difference, but a whole sanctuary city sitting on the shoulders of a largely residental county hurts financially.

Sewerage, garbage, roads, food banks, Medicaid, clinics all cost money to run. Someone is paying for the freeloaders. My big complaint is that it is me.

If the US doesn't want to stop the illegal immigrants, then they should distribute the cost of providing for them nationally.

But are those Muslim immigrants or illegal Mexicans? Refugees and illegal immigrants are two different things. I agree with a crack down on illegals but Trumps tweets were about Islamic terror which doesn't look like what is happening in your community.

marina

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 11:04 pm
Quote:
People mock him for things that would be hands off for other politicians. They mock his hair and his skin color. Imagine if the opposition was making fun of Obama's grizzled hair or his darker skin. How about if they poked fun of his ears or his negroid features? Why is this allowed to be so mainstreamed?

Don't present isolated examples of Obama being mocked. The physical mocking of Trump is widespread as exhibited in this thread.

I want to take this opportunity, which I rarely get ( Wink ) to agree with Squishy on the above 100%.

I am always turned off when people comment on Trump's physical appearance and make fun of his skin or hair. It comes across as crass and juvenile and I have never reposted anything like that, even if the comment about his appearance was a casual comment or a joke, etc.

Just like we would not tolerate comments about a female president's appearance, we should not be tolerating this.

marina

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 11:07 pm
Fox wrote:
What factors differentiate Deaborn, in your opinion, from the European experience that has deteriorated into "no-go zones" in some cases?

The legitimate news sources I've seen tend to debunk the myth of these no-go zones. Plse back yourself up w sources on this, and plse do not cite Breitbart lol

Last edited by marina on Fri, Dec 01 2017, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 11:54 pm
southernbubby wrote:
But are those Muslim immigrants or illegal Mexicans? Refugees and illegal immigrants are two different things. I agree with a crack down on illegals but Trumps tweets were about Islamic terror which doesn't look like what is happening in your community.

The refugees get so that and more services and cash stipends; although, I believe the Fed government reimburses the states for the cash.

Personally, I witnessed the change in Switzerland with the influx of the refugees. Firstly, I felt hostility from them as I walked in the parks with DC. I didn't feel as comfortable as I did on my prior trips without DH. Secondly, I felt uncomfortable because they were frequently approaching me for money. I just felt like they were in my space. They were too aggressive for me.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 11:59 pm
marina wrote:
Quote:
People mock him for things that would be hands off for other politicians. They mock his hair and his skin color. Imagine if the opposition was making fun of Obama's grizzled hair or his darker skin. How about if they poked fun of his ears or his negroid features? Why is this allowed to be so mainstreamed?

Don't present isolated examples of Obama being mocked. The physical mocking of Trump is widespread as exhibited in this thread.

I want to take this opportunity, which I rarely get ( Wink ) to agree with Squishy on the above 100%.

I am always turned off when people comment on Trump's physical appearance and make fun of his skin or hair. It comes across as crass and juvenile and I have never reposted anything like that, even if the comment about his appearance was a casual comment or a joke, etc.

Just like we would not tolerate comments about a female president's appearance, we should not be tolerating this.

I agree. I don't like jokes about politicians' appearance or their family, unless those family members do things themselves that are worthy of comment.

Jeanette

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 8:39 am
youngishbear wrote:
I agree. I don't like jokes about politicians' appearance or their family, unless those family members do things themselves that are worthy of comment.

While I agree in theory, only one candidate used belittling comments about others appearance as a centerpiece of his campaign. As with many other aspects of Trump's behavior, his supporters are not troubled by it until it's directed at him.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 8:54 am
Jeanette wrote:
While I agree in theory, only one candidate used belittling comments about others appearance as a centerpiece of his campaign. As with many other aspects of Trump's behavior, his supporters are not troubled by it until it's directed at him.

I said that too, pal.

It is a bit sophomoric to belittle someone's appearance, however, and Trump would have been better off not to insult the pageant winner with names like Miss Piggy.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 9:10 am
southernbubby wrote:
My husband said it is because they have been living in Dearborn for 100 years. They are Americans and not immigrants. They came here for their slice of the American dream. Possibly, they didn't rot in DP camps for several years either. There are nice homes, thriving businesses, decent schools, etc and their lives are good here. Some of the Muslim population live in West Bloomfield which is a wealthy neighborhood but those are the frei or Reform Muslims who are Muslim in name only and wouldn't want Sharia law here because they want freedom from all the rules of the religion. I sat next to one of those on a Spirit air flight home from LGA. She had come to a Hillary event with her BFF who was Jewish. She saw me with my tehillim and decided to tell me that she was a Muslim (she didn't dress at all Muslim) and that it was really a normal religion and only crazy people joined terrorist groups.

The problem is, the frei or Reform Muslims, as you call them, are considered the good ones. I've heard a number of interviews with Dr. Zudi Jasser who's a fine man, but probably considered an infidel by a large number of Muslims. Sometimes I've heard him speak and I substitute Judaism for Islam and cringe.

The question is, what is true Islam? Somewhere in the middle?

southernbubby

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 9:22 am
PinkFridge wrote:
The problem is, the frei or Reform Muslims, as you call them, are considered the good ones. I've heard a number of interviews with Dr. Zudi Jasser who's a fine man, but probably considered an infidel by a large number of Muslims. Sometimes I've heard him speak and I substitute Judaism for Islam and cringe.

I visit Crown Height often, because of the kids, and on the way back to the airport, we usually cut through Bedford Stuyvesant, which has the county seat of Brooklyn's Muslim community, relatively a mile to a mile and a half from the Chabad community in Crown Heights and the Satmar community in Williamsburg.

You would think that both of these communities would be quaking in their boots about the proximity of these Muslims but the crimes against the Jews are not from the Muslim community at all. These Muslims are the Orthodox Muslims but so far they have not proven to be a threat.

You and I live relatively 10 miles from Dearborn and how many Muslim attacks, chas v'sholem, have we dealt with here? I think zero. If we are attacked, it seems more likely from the section 8 housing on Lincoln and Greenfield or south of 9 mile.

There is always the chance that a stray Muslim could do what that former Uber driver did with his truck in Manhattan but it doesn't look to me that the Mosques are actually terror cells in disguise.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 9:26 am
southernbubby wrote:
I visit Crown Height often, because of the kids, and on the way back to the airport, we usually cut through Bedford Stuyvesant, which has the county seat of Brooklyn's Muslim community, relatively a mile to a mile and a half from the Chabad community in Crown Heights and the Satmar community in Williamsburg.

You would think that both of these communities would be quaking in their boots about the proximity of these Muslims but the crimes against the Jews are not from the Muslim community at all. These Muslims are the Orthodox Muslims but so far they have not proven to be a threat.

You and I live relatively 10 miles from Dearborn and how many Muslim attacks, chas v'sholem, have we dealt with here? I think zero. If we are attacked, it seems more likely from the section 8 housing on Lincoln and Greenfield or south of 9 mile.

There is always the chance that a stray Muslim could do what that former Uber driver did with his truck in Manhattan but it doesn't look to me that the Mosques are actually terror cells in disguise.

Maybe when new immigrants come there's a welcoming committee that impresses on the newbies, "Don't mess things up for the rest of us." Wink

southernbubby

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 9:41 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Maybe when new immigrants come there's a welcoming committee that impresses on the newbies, "Don't mess things up for the rest of us." Wink

Most likely they really are told to fly under the radar. We frum Jews used to fly under the radar as well but as time went on, we grew more numerous in some communities, BH and now we have become a very visible minority, kein yirbu. L'havdil, same with them.

Jeanette

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 11:00 am
PinkFridge wrote:

I don't know what "true" Islam is or what the average Muslim actually believes. What bothers me is self-proclaimed "experts" in Islam telling everyone what Muslims really believe and any Muslim who claims otherwise must be lying. Just like we don't take too kindly to people telling us what we "really" believe.

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 11:28 am
southernbubby wrote:
I said that too, pal.

It is a bit sophomoric to belittle someone's appearance, however, and Trump would have been better off not to insult the pageant winner with names like Miss Piggy.

I agree, but this shows how hypocritical the left is. They condem behavior and turn around and do it themselves. Don't they know how idiotic they sound?

I am glad the dark money and congressional hush money and shady dealings of democrats is coming to light. Everyone with a brain can see the liberals don't have a moral high ground. They promote their power at the expense of Americans.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 12:16 pm
Jeanette wrote:
I don't know what "true" Islam is or what the average Muslim actually believes. What bothers me is self-proclaimed "experts" in Islam telling everyone what Muslims really believe and any Muslim who claims otherwise must be lying. Just like we don't take too kindly to people telling us what we "really" believe.

The question re belief is, do they believe that they have a chiyuv to kill the infidel? Do they hold by dina d'malchusa dina? Minor stuff like that.

Jeanette

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 12:30 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
The question re belief is, do they believe that they have a chiyuv to kill the infidel? Do they hold by dina d'malchusa dina? Minor stuff like that.

I don't know enough about Islam to tell you if killing all infidels is a mainstream view or not.

But for comparison sake. There have been serious discussions on this board whether you're allowed to save a non-Jew who is dying and whether you're allowed to lie and cheat when dealing with non-Jews. And yes, the majority disagreed vehemently. But let's say someone wanted to use this as proof that all jews want all non-Jews to die, and use this as a basis to put sanctions on Jews or limit immigration. Would that be fair?

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 12:34 pm
Squishy wrote:
I agree, but this shows how hypocritical the left is. They condem behavior and turn around and do it themselves. Don't they know how idiotic they sound?

I am glad the dark money and congressional hush money and shady dealings of democrats is coming to light. Everyone with a brain can see the liberals don't have a moral high ground. They promote their power at the expense of Americans.

"The Left" is not monolithic.

Most of "the Left" does not belittle Trump based on his appearance or the size of his hands. Any more than most of "the Right" posts memes comparing Michelle Obama to a chimp, or Obama dressed as a Witch Doctor, use kindergarten insults to refer to liberals, or make up lies about Obama's place of birth.

Looking forward to hearing Flynn's testimony now that he's pled guilty to lying to the FBI.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 12:36 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Who is this they?

The recent attack on a mosque in Egypt is stark proof that this religion of over a billion has many factions, sects, tribes, or whatever-you-call-its.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 12:37 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
"The Left" is not monolithic.

Most of "the Left" does not belittle Trump based on his appearance or the size of his hands. Any more than most of "the Right" posts memes comparing Michelle Obama to a chimp, or Obama dressed as a Witch Doctor, use kindergarten insults to refer to liberals, or make up lies about Obama's place of birth.

Looking forward to hearing Flynn's testimony now that he's pled guilty to lying to the FBI.

This.

I can laugh at late night comedy that makes fun of the president's actions, and groan when they refer to his physical characteristics.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 1:12 pm
youngishbear wrote:
This.

I can laugh at late night comedy that makes fun of the president's actions, and groan when they refer to his physical characteristics.

That is why I can laugh at Randy Rainbow, even if part of Randy's shtick is about Trumps appearance. I don't care what Trump looks like or anything else about his personal life. Because I am not a fan of silly, slapstick humor, I don't think comparing Trump to a piece of fruit is all that funny but it is definitely not as insulting as comparing someone to an animal.

I really hope that Trump is successful in defending our country, making our taxes fair, making our health care affordable, and keeping the left from destroying RW religion. Those are the things that would most affect me and my family. I see that he is thwarted at nearly every turn and feel that part of it is due to his inexperience in government, part of it is that he doesn't really understand the issues, part of it is that his plans would not really work or would be too hard to put in place, and part of it is that his tweets and insults are pinning many people against him.

He should avoid taking pot shots at celebrates and athletes, keep national security about terrorism rather than about religion, and in general not lower himself to the lowest common denominator, via his twitter account. Because when he makes a fool out of himself, he should not blame everyone for laughing at him.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 1:29 pm
youngishbear wrote:
This.

While I don't think its appropriate to make fun of people based on appearance, I'm a bit more tolerant of comedians, and definitely more tolerant of comedians vis a vis Trump, given the fact that he himself demeans people based on appearance. He's called women "fat pigs," "dogs," "slobs" and "disgusting animals." When he was angered by Megyn Kelly, he talked about "blood coming out of her whatever." With respect to Carly Fiorina, "Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?" His attack on Heidi Cruz's appearance. His response to allegations that he z3xually assaulted Natasha Stoynoff, "Take a look, you take a look. Look at her, look at her words, you tell me what you think. I don't think so." If he thinks its appropriate to speak of others that way, then he certainly cannot complain when others respond in kind.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics