Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Reserve a book Jewish chidren's library in BP

ennasor

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 5:52 am
Has anyone ever had any dealings ( personal,professional, good, bad, otherwise) with this organization? It's on 51st Street in BP near 11th Ave. Thanx!

oliveoil

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 11:23 am
Aren't they the ones that advertised a ridiculous writing contest here a few months ago? Someone wrote there that she had previously entered and been told she'd won, but then they never came thru with the promised prize.

Let me see if I can find it (if it wasn't deleted).

oliveoil

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 12:37 pm
Found it.

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....22358

ennasor

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 12:59 pm
hello Oliveoil--
yes--I sent in a story--didn't hear from them--I sent in another a few days ago just to see what would happen...heard back from them...they said my stories were too short for their prize guidelines...but...they were willing to pay me for stories at the dazzling rate of ONE CENT per word...I don't know whether to laugh,cry or throwup---
ENNASOR

ennasor

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 2:43 pm
hello Oliveoil and everyone else from the previous thread on this topic--
yes--I sent in a story--didn't hear from them--I sent in another a few days ago just to see what would happen...heard back from them...they said my stories were too short for their prize guidelines...but...they were willing to pay me for stories at the dazzling rate of ONE CENT per word...I don't know whether to laugh,cry or throwup---
I said this was in NO Way acceptable--I'm already a published writer and music composer/arranger---is this 2017 or 1917? Never underestimate the power of people to underestimate creativity!!!!
ENNASOR

oliveoil

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 6:41 pm
That is outrageous, but I'm not shocked. If you look on craigslist and other job boards, people want 1500 word articles for the dazzling rate of $5-$20. It's ridiculous. But you'd think someone claiming to be in the writing world and actively seeking quality contributions (although what quality they will find with their guidelines, who knows) would know better than to offer 1c per word.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics