Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Did you feel the earthquake?

blueberries

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 5:23 pm
A Magnitude 4.4 earthquake felt from New York City to Baltimore. Scary!

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 5:27 pm
When?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 5:28 pm
What time?

doctorima

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 5:43 pm
About an hour ago. I'm in Brooklyn and suddenly felt the floor under me start to move, like the beams were swirling around. It stopped after about 10 seconds. I went downstairs to see what DS could possibly be doing, but didn't see anything unusual. Since it stopped, I just went on with life, but then I got a text alert that there was just an earthquake in Delaware felt as far away as NYC. Very surreal experience!

Jewel22

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 6:21 pm
It was at 4:47 p.m..And yes I felt it. I'm in Brooklyn and my shelves were moving that I thought stuff and pictures on top would fall down any second. Didn't last too long but I was scared and about to move my kids away any second if the stuff would fall down.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 6:24 pm
I didn't feel anything. Last time it happened( like 8 years ago?) I really felt it.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 6:33 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I didn't feel anything. Last time it happened( like 8 years ago?) I really felt it.

Same here. Last time I had surgery that day and I was walking up steps and suddenly everything was swaying from side to side. I thought it was an effect of the surgery until all my neighbors came popping out screaming.

I was driving at 4:47. Maybe that’s why I didn’t feel it.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 9:23 am
flowerpower wrote:

I was in NY then with my mother when she was sick. She had two relatives from Canada visiting at the time. They got so scared, but my mother was so nonchalant about it. She grew up in L.A. Wink . It felt like a big truck driving down the street.

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 9:44 am
I didn't feel anything! If it was so dramatic that it was making your shelves sway in Brooklyn, how did I feel NOTHING just a few miles away?!

Last time there was this earthquake in Virginia or something that made my apartment sway. At first I thought it was me having some sort of dizzy spell but then it got stronger and you could see evidence on things with gravity (e.g. water in kettle sloshing about)

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 9:47 am
Didnt feel anything.

Last time (7years ago) I was at my desk amd the water in my half full cup started to spill. And the computer was shaking voilently.
I realized right away what it was. And got under the desk amd told my workmate to do it too. A minute later my boss yelled "get under your desk" I'm rotfl just remembering it.

When I got home, half my crystals where chipped! They had moved in the cupboards amd crashed into each other ams chipped/broke.
Some really nice stuff I had gotten as a wedding gift... oh well. As long as everyone was ok.

rydys

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 10:48 am
I'm in Brooklyn and didn't feel a thing. I also felt the last one--I was on a stool with wheels and suddenly slid across the room!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics