Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Teachers- ugh!!!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 9:14 pm
amother wrote:
Are you happy, now?(After the NEW YORK BASHING). Does it make you feel good all over?

I suggest you open your own NY bashing forum. It will be politically correct. and of course

their will be plenty of cronies to keep you company.

amother taupe, you know I honestly dont think Ruchel was trying to be a NY basher. She has told us many times that she lives in France and that many things are very different there. I think her post is just saying that she;s never heard of anything like this, so she is assuming aloud to all of us that maybe it is just an American problem or maybe even just a NY problem.If you read more of her posts, you would see that she is very frequently incredulous about many things that Americans take for granted as being normal. I can relate to her because I am from England and I feel the same way as she does quite often, even though inow live in th USA. I really dont think she is being rude.

and just a reminder my dear, please dont be rude ot anyone anonymously as amother. please do it under your screen name only if you absolutely have to be rude and mean. Its a rule here on imamther.
sorry I have to go anon for this , as I have given away potentially identifying info about myself.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
I agree with you 100%. This is just one of the strong reasons we moved to Eretz HaKodesh. About 20% of our post-tax salary was going to paying tuition fees. That was for 2 kids- inagine how bloated that number would become when the rest start school. Then on top of outrageous tuition and fees, there are the little extras that add up. And then outrageous health insurance costs and crazy rent costs... Plus there is such a pressure to keep up with the Goldbergs and act like you've got money that you just don't. It pains me to think of the tens of thousands of dollars we threw away for simchas and pre-school tuition when here we're paying 90% less for all that stuff Speechless

That's one big reason why I also want to make an aliyah but my husband doesn't Sad and it's really hard over here.

OP, I feel the same way. The yeshiva also asks $10 each time they have a little trip, why can't they just add it to the tuition, even though it's $10, I just don't like paying extra after paying the tuition. My kids' school also ask for stuff on birthdays/aba&ima shabbat/holidays...it's too much.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics