Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How much time do you spend exclusively with your kids p/day?

How much time do you spend exclusively with your kids p/day?
less than 30 mins  
 21%  [ 6 ]
30 mins - 1 hour  
 21%  [ 6 ]
1-2 hours  
 25%  [ 7 ]
2-3 hours  
 10%  [ 3 ]
more than 3 hours  
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

Bitachon123

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 1:45 am
I'm just curious how much time other mothers spend exclusively with their kids each day. I.e. Time where you are actually sitting with them, talking/playing/reading books/ doing an activity etc and giving them all your attention. (not counting the times they are getting on with their own thing and you are interacting occasionally). Do you have a set time that is set aside for your kids?

I'm sure it varies a lot, especially depending on age and number of kids, so feel free to add that in your comments.

momX4

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 7:10 am
I was a sahm until recently. When my kids were younger I played on the floor with them daily.

Now I spend some time talking and doing homework with my youngest. she is the only one home for a bit of time. Dh and I play games with her/ read her books over the weekend.

My middle age kids I give them time when they come home and ear dinner. Dh interacts with them at bedtime. We offer to play games with them, they refuse. Dh has taken them out to eat individually a few times a year.

HS age, whenever she wants to talk to me. Depends on her mood that day.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 7:59 am
I don't count. They can want me to play with them, or not. I don't go on the floor, they don't ask me, and it's uncomfortable. I play at the table, on the bed, video games. I had never heard of the concept of being on the floor as an adult except on Imamother.

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 8:54 am
Every day is different, depending what else is going on.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 9:14 am
really depends. My dh and I try to have at least one if not both of us give each child one on one time every day though thinking about it I don't know if it really happens on friday nights etc... We have 2 kids. I'm a SAHM and my husband works but not crazy hours. My younger child is home more so she'll get more time then my older child who's in school all day.

I'm not counting time spent on dealing with temper tantrums, breaking up fights etc.... I'm assuming you mean positive time Wink

amother
Black

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 9:44 am
I don't know. Different each day, depending on what's going on, also how my depression is. For sure, each child gets about 20 mins individual time at bedtime, so at the very least there's that, even if the rest of the day I couldn't give much. Unfortunately, on my bad days, I spend more time playing on my phone than with them. I mean, the silver lining is that they're pretty good at entertaining themselves, and I do think many kids these days don't develop that skill so well, but I wish it wasn't because of my mental health issues. Like Ruchel, I'm also not into getting on the floor and playing with them. My time with them includes reading (not just at bed time), watching (yes, I watch things interactively with them, pointing out details, or asking what they thought about a decision a character made etc), playing music with/for them- me on my guitar plus the children who are old enough to be getting lessons play their instruments. I wish I could take them on more outings, but it's very draining and anxiety producing for me, so it's rare. However, individual outings are more manageable, so I do those more often.

salt

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 1:26 am
Ruchel wrote:
I don't count. They can want me to play with them, or not. I don't go on the floor, they don't ask me, and it's uncomfortable. I play at the table, on the bed, video games. I had never heard of the concept of being on the floor as an adult except on Imamother.

Don't worry I really don't think OP meant that it actually has to be on the floor for it to count as quality time with your kids Smile There's no problem with sitting on the bed and reading them a story. That's just as lovely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics