Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
In your opinion how happy is Queen Elizabeth w engagement?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 12:53 am
No one knows what the Queen is really thinking about Prince Harry's fiancee, but in your opinion how happy is Queen Elizabeth w Prince Harry's engagement?

https://www.theatlantic.com/en.....6758/

And, whats the chance that Prince Charles is NOT Prince Harry's biological father, with all the proof of Princess Di's affair with James Hewitt?

"Did James Hewitt have an affair with Princess Diana?

Princess Diana confessed in a BBC Panorama programme in 1995 that she had had an affair with James Hewitt.

The affair happened at the time Prince Charles was widely reported to have been cheating on Diana with his current wife, Camilla Parker-Bowles.

But the pair were forced apart when Hewitt was deployed to serve in the Gulf War, before splitting permanently when their infidelity was exposed in the media.

Diana and Prince Charles separated in 1992, divorcing four years later.

Her former protection officer and confidante, Ken Wharfe, wrote about the affair in his book Diana: Closely Guarded Secret.

He said: “Hewitt, a natural womaniser, gave her the attention and affection she relished, and then the passion she yearned for.

“At first, Diana refused to concede to me that her affair was anything less than innocent. ‘Nothing is going on,’ she would say, her face flushing red, as we drove back from a tryst, usually with the atmosphere tense in the car.

“I would assure her that I had no interest in anything but her safety, but she must have thought I was stupid or deaf.

“The pair usually met at an old cottage in Devon belonging to Shirley, Hewitt’s mother, where the creaking bedroom floorboards told the story more loudly than any confession.”

Hewitt reportedly tried to sell 64 love letters from Lady Di, disclosing intimate details of their tryst, for £10million, according to the Daily Mail".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/.....fair/

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 1:51 am
I think Harry looks a lot like Charles.
And who cares about the queen? I think she is just fine and has had many years to adjust.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 1:55 am
How can you have an opinion on someone else's feeling?

I am SURE the palace had a DNA test done if there was an iota of doubt that Harry is Charles' son.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 2:08 am
I think the Hewitt conspiracy was debunked because Diana didn't meet him until like two years after Harry was conceived.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 2:22 am
from the previous royal wedding ...

moonstone

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 4:57 am
Imasoftov, that was hysterical! And so true. I think the idea of having royal families in this day and age is beyond ridiculous. All the castles should be turned into museums and the "royals" should stop being supported by the taxpayers. Let them get jobs! Lol.

I'm sure the Queen wasn't thrilled with Harry's choice of bride. A half-black, older, divorced actress probably wasn't what she had in mind. On the other hand, maybe she just doesn't care anymore. How old is she-90? Maybe she's mellowed out and is just happy he's settling down.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:00 am
The queen is devastated.

etky

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:05 am
moonstone wrote:
Imasoftov, that was hysterical! And so true. I think the idea of having royal families in this day and age is beyond ridiculous. All the castles should be turned into museums and the "royals" should stop being supported by the taxpayers. Let them get jobs! Lol.

I'm sure the Queen wasn't thrilled with Harry's choice of bride. A half-black, older, divorced actress probably wasn't what she had in mind. On the other hand, maybe she just doesn't care anymore. How old is she-90? Maybe she's mellowed out and is just happy he's settling down.

Don't forget, American too Rolling Eyes
OTOH, maybe she is happy that he is settling down, finally. He does have a 'wild streak' that has shown up in the past ...
Also, maybe she realizes that the Royal Family has to become less stuffy and more inclusive in order to remain relevant in today's world.
Or maybe, since he's so removed from the succession anyway, she doesn't think it's all that important who he marries, as long as she's a popular choice.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:08 am
No one cares... They're just people.

moonstone

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:14 am
etky wrote:
Don't forget, American too Rolling Eyes .

Oy, how could I have forgotten that? LOL

alis_al_kulana

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 12:15 pm
I'm sure they're fine with it as long as she's appropriately anti semitic and anti Israel, so she can fit in with the family.

sequoia

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 12:38 pm
He waited until there were 4 (soon to be 5) people in line before him.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 1:23 pm
I think that she is happy to have a new addition who will be a practical asset to "the Firm". Meghan Markle comes across as very well spoken and intelligent. She's got great public speaking and people skills. She'll help carry the "burden" of the royal "workload" by shaking hands, cutting ribbons and making small talk.

pause

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 1:41 pm
I think she wishes he could have chosen someone more in line with tradition, but then again, how could anyone have expected that from Harry? Smile At this point she's probably just happy he's settling down and have someone with whom to continue carrying out the royal obligations.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 2:26 pm
Last time I was in London, there were pictures in all the tabloids of Harry partying naked in Vegas with a bunch of nude/bikini-clad women.

If I were the Queen, I'd just happy he is settling down and marrying before further embarrassing the Royal Family.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 2:47 pm
DrMom wrote:
Last time I was in London, there were pictures in all the tabloids of Harry partying naked in Vegas with a bunch of nude/bikini-clad women.

If I were the Queen, I'd just happy he is settling down and marrying before further embarrassing the Royal Family.

Yeah, I can't speak to the Queen's opinion, but I think Harry definitely got the better end of the deal over here. Meghan Markle comes across as a kind, gracious, intelligent person. Harry has...not always come across that way.

sequoia

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 2:51 pm
alis_al_kulana wrote:
I'm sure they're fine with it as long as she's appropriately anti semitic and anti Israel, so she can fit in with the family.

Her first husband was Jewish and she reportedly converted.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 2:57 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Yeah, I can't speak to the Queen's opinion, but I think Harry definitely got the better end of the deal over here. Meghan Markle comes across as a kind, gracious, intelligent person. Harry has...not always come across that way.

I agree with this. If not for his lineage, she'd be out of his league. She is beautiful, smart and successful in her own merit. I've always like her in Suits:)

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 3:00 pm
sequoia wrote:
Her first husband was Jewish and she reportedly converted.

Her bff is a Jewish woman (although intermarried) from a storied Montreal family (the Brownsteins of Browns shoes fame).

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 3:00 pm
Well, considering her uncle had to abdicate over a divorced woman and she denied her sister permission to marry a divorced man, I'd say she isn't all that happy but a) she knows it would be ridiculous to make a stink about it in this day and age and b) Harry is pretty far down the line so it's moot. And besides, given Harry's past antics, it would be silly to get upset over who he marries.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics