Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Ideas for kiddush for baby girl

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 2:26 pm
BH I'm planning a Kiddush for a baby girl. I'm the very simple type. But I want the kiddish to be nice. I live out of town so don't assume I have in town shopping available. I'm looking for simple ideas of what to do to make it nicer. It will be in a shul. I am not allowed to make food at home. Your suggestions could be about the food decorations paper/plastic goods Etc. Please share simple but nice and elegant ideas. Also, money is extremely tight so please share economical ideas as well.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 3:48 pm
Isn’t the shul going to set it up? You can get cheap baby party decor ideas at party city or amazing savings. Pink cookies with her initials or name on them from the bakery for dessert.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 4:10 pm
Is it a kiddish with mezonot and wine/grape juice, or food?
Is the shul ordering and setting up or you?
If you want to add little extras to the shul’s kiddush that you are donating,
You can decorate the table with pink and white cookies a few scattered here and there.
Fill plastic martini glasses with pink candies or jelly beans
White tablecloth (fabric is always nicer) with a pink lace or tulle runner they sell it in a roll

If you need to work with the shul’s caterer, let them know your budget and let them know there is no wiggle room. They will make it work, because every job is advertisement for them.

All other decorations is not necessary, and simple can also be elegant.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 4:10 pm
Metallic is very in now.
I’d do pink table clothes with gold plates and utensils.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 4:16 pm
amother wrote:
Metallic is very in now.
I’d do pink table clothes with gold plates and utensils.

Sorry to disagree, simple white with little touches of pink is so much nicer

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 9:25 pm
I guess I'm not so simple after all... I am not a fan of colored frosting. I want real food like salads. I'm thinking of light grey tablecloths with little vases of light pink flowers and purple flower confetti. Fabric confetti not plastic. Plates and cups etc will be a combo of white and light pink. I don't want to hunt for fabric table clothes to borrow and then have to wash them. I am definitely not buying them. But I really like fabric so much better. Is buying the plastic ones ok? Thoughts?

I know. Such problems!!

familyfirst

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 9:28 pm
You can buy nice tablecloths on efavormart.com
Sometimes there are great buys!
Silver, pink, and white are classics! It will be beautiful iyh!
Mazel Tov!

my mama

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 11:21 pm
You mentioned flowers. Large bunches of baby breaths are beautiful and inexpensive.

If you have discount fabric stores in your area you can buy cheap fabric for tablecloths, edging it is not necessary if you don't have the time or patience.

If I'll think of any other ideas I'll let you know

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 9:55 am
my mama wrote:
You mentioned flowers. Large bunches of baby breaths are beautiful and inexpensive.

If you have discount fabric stores in your area you can buy cheap fabric for tablecloths, edging it is not necessary if you don't have the time or patience.

Thank you!!
About the flowers, I am worried about the expense!! Still deciding... So did you mean plain babies breath with out other flowers? I do wAnt some less expensive like that... But how do I pull off something like that plain?

I do like the color that light pink would add though.

What do u think?

What do you mean by "buying cheap" at the fabric store? It would still add up I'm sure.

The edge would look ok by just cutting?

I like your ideas! Pls Lmk what you think.

my mama

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 12:14 pm
Large bunches of baby breaths in tall vases look absolutely amazing, you don't need anything else. Fabrics for tablecloths many stores have remnants that they looks good rid of cheap. It might add up; depends how much you are looking to buy. But they are still cheaper than buying ready tablecloths, I think that's the most economical way to go if you are insisting on fabric. Most fabrics don't fray too much so raw edges shouldn't really be a problem. You can get nice glassware at dollar or discount stores.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 12:21 pm
Regarding fabric, you could get the cheapest sheer fabric and cut it lengthwise to be runners. Strips tied can be around vases as an accent. If they have the same fabric in you two colors, all the more fun!
You don't have to cover the whole table with it, it's a decoration, an accent.
Balloons can add quite a bit too.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 4:29 pm
my mama wrote:

OP here!

I just wanted to get back to all of you. Thank you for taking the time to respond in December. We had the kiddish and it was beautiful! We had grey tablecloths with pink and purple items.

My mama, I did a lot of baby's breath around the room. It was beautiful and inexpensive. Thanks you so much for the idea!! I also did some submerged fake flowers from the dollar store and it was beautiful again. Someone said the decor is very classy! Thank you everyone for your help!!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Feb 22 2018, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:
OP here!

I just wanted to get back to all of you. Thank you for taking the time to respond in December. We had the kiddish and it was beautiful! We had grey tablecloths with pink and purple items.

My mama, I did a lot of baby's breath around the room. It was beautiful and inexpensive. Thanks you so much for the idea!! I also did some submerged fake flowers from the dollar store and it was beautiful again. Someone said the decor is very classy! Thank you everyone for your help!!

Wow
Great
Please explain submerged flowers
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics