Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where should we move to?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:37 pm
Looking for a community which has at least two choices of frum schools -high school and elementary- for girls and boys. Affordable housing and tuition would be a plus. A place where there are not super high standards and with opportunities for jobs in klei kodesh. Nice frum community with a solid yeshivish core (edited:)

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:54 pm
2 choices of frum schools doesn't go well together with place where we could make a difference .
Typically a real out of town place where you can make a difference is going to have 1 school.
You have the in between cities like Cleveland and Detroit where they are 2 schools but they are still huge communities where individual has to work to be part of the community and get to know people.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:56 pm
Dallas has what you are describing. Two eruv’s With a mix of yeshivish and modern, school, Shuls and restaurants.
I don’t think tuition is that Affordable any where, but I think they help you out both at the yeshivish and modern school. Housing is more affordable in the north Eruv.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:56 pm
Baltimore?

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:58 pm
Just want to add, we have done a lot of research. There are basically 5 categories.
Places like Jacksonville Florida where there will be 20 frum families.
Places like Southbend In where it's small but you have a normal functioning day school and high school/yeshiva.
Places like Cleveland / Detroit/ Atlanta where the schools are bigger but the communities are still out of town.
Places like Chicago/ Passaic which are pretty big, you have a decent choice of schools , but not as crowded as NY/NJ.
"in town" Lakewood/Brooklyn.

You have to choices because no place will have the best of all worlds.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 11:02 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Just want to add, we have done a lot of research. There are basically 5 categories.
Places like Jacksonville Florida where there will be 20 frum families.
Places like Southbend In where it's small but you have a normal functioning day school and high school/yeshiva.
Places like Cleveland / Detroit/ Atlanta where the schools are bigger but the communities are still out of town.
Places like Chicago/ Passaic which are pretty big, you have a decent choice of schools , but not as crowded as NY/NJ.
"in town" Lakewood/Brooklyn.

You have to choices because no place will have the best of all worlds.

That's an excellent way of describing things. OP, based on this, what type of community are you looking for?

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 11:04 pm
I have heard Baltimore pretty large ..

boysrus

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 10:10 pm
Baltimore might fit what you are looking for from what I hear.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 11:03 pm
Perhaps, Shangri La. I wonder if there is a frum community there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating