Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do you pay your full credit card statement every month?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:
I think that the difference between a chicken supper and a pizza pie is negligible. My kids are picky, and they just won't eat cream cheese sandwiches, and I serve scrambled eggs for breakfast. In any case, the entire amount is $10 if I buy it at a cheap place, and $20 if I buy it at a more expensive place. A regular chicken supper costs me about $15. It's not a huge difference.

I'm not charging my life away! My goodness! And I know someone who just told me that she settled all her credit cards, two years later her credit is back up to normal. It's not the end of the world.

I agree it's not the end of the world, it even has a lot of advantages. I know plenty of people who ended up with settlements. No bank will give you 2 chances though. Even if your credit is back to normal, the bank still remembers you. Use your first one wisely.

Oh, I meant to say earlier that you may be saving money by buying pizza, but was wondering why it had to be davka pizza. I didn't know that your kids will only eat that.

For some people credit card debt is even worse than dying. And some people just take it easy and relax about it. And they settle eventually. Not saying they spend on things they don't need.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 12:56 am
amother wrote:

Please explain to me how you would have handled the dental situation differently. I really do want to know.

Here is how we handled our dental situation.
My husband had terrible tooth pain. He needed to have a root canal redone. After calling a few dentists I finally found one that doesn't accept new patients but they will take him only as an emergency appointment. He went for the emergency appointment. Was covered by insurance because was emergency. Dentist did something temporarily on his teeth gave him antibiotics to kill infection he had and told him to go find a dentist to redo the root canal. That temporarily thing that was done and the antibiotics want enough to take away the pain. He lasted like that for another year and half, never found a new dentist. pain came back. Went again for emergency appointment. Redid that temporary procedure and again had antibiotics...leaving it for another year or two...until it will start up again...

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 12:59 am
amother wrote:
My husband had terrible tooth pain. He needed to have a root canal redone. After calling a few dentists I finally found one that doesn't accept new patients but they will take him only as an emergency appointment. He went for the emergency appointment. Was covered by insurance because was emergency. Dentist did something temporarily on his teeth gave him antibiotics to kill infection he had and told him to go find a dentist to redo the root canal. That temporarily thing that was done and the antibiotics want enough to take away the pain. He lasted like that for another year and half, never found a new dentist. pain came back. Went again for emergency appointment. Redid that temporary procedure and again had antibiotics...leaving it for another year or two...until it will start up again...

Is this meant to be a joke?

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 1:03 am
amother wrote:
Is this meant to be a joke?

Not at all. Its all true story. We didn't have money to pay for it.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 1:09 am
amother wrote:
Not at all. Its all true story. We didn't have money to pay for it.

And I'm the bad one because I put $2000 on my credit card because my child was crying from pain... for months.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 1:13 am
amother wrote:
And I'm the bad one because I put $2000 on my credit card because my child was crying from pain... for months.

Bad? Who said bad?
For me credit card debt is terrible. For me myself, for my sanity. My parents lived that way, And I couldn't handle it. (We figured out how to take care of it. He didn't stay in pain...)
For you it's not.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 1:21 am
amother wrote:
Bad? Who said bad?
For me credit card debt is terrible. For me myself, for my sanity. My parents lived that way, And I couldn't handle it. (We figured out how to take care of it. He didn't stay in pain...)
For you it's not.

Yeah, my husband and I grew up your way. We're rebelling.

watergirl

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 6:38 am
amother wrote:

Take it from me - I have had a really bad history with my teeth because for many years I could not afford to go to the dentist and did what your husband did. Later on, that tooth, a molar, was destroyed beyond repair. I lost the tooth. In addition, the neglect of a tooth that clearly needed attention burned an issue into my bone and while it could have really messed up my jaw, all it did was mess up my jaw bone in that area. I had to have bone grafting done there OR risk the whole jaw. Please look into care credit. A cc that many dentists take.

I couldnt have put dental visits on a cc because we didnt have any. Years ago, our very respected rav told us to destroy all credit cards and never open anymore. Im not going to go further into this because people irl know my story, but we are paying dearly now for that disastrous psak. Yes, it was part of a psak. A rav who knows nothing about how cc and credit works has no business to pasken like he did.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics