Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How to advertise?

cfel

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 10:26 pm
My DD is finishing up her makeup course and needs suggestions on how to get her name out there w/o social media any ideas?

cnc

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 10:30 pm
Ads in local circulars/ newsletters
Word of mouth
Signs in the neighborhood

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 10:31 pm
Let her do faces for free or for very cheap. Those people will spread the word.

cfel

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 10:36 pm
Would you book someone even for free if you just see a pretty add in the newspaper?

oliveoil

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 11:14 pm
Why no social media?

It's really THE way to get your name out about anything these days.

cfel

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 11:18 pm
Because I feel that it's really in appropriate for men to be looking at woman's faces and I have no control over who will be checking out her Instagram.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 11:33 pm
Is she an adult?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 07 2017, 11:44 pm
cfel wrote:
Because I feel that it's really in appropriate for men to be looking at woman's faces and I have no control over who will be checking out her Instagram.

Sure you can. Set it on private and approve only those that seem legit.

gande

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 1:17 am
I agree with no social media. An advertisement is not a great idea either. It doesn't pay to invest much although it doesn't hurt to have a classified ad.
The best idea is to give free or cheap haircuts and not be shy about spreading the word of her skills to all your acquaintances.

cfel

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 10:07 am
How can you know if someone seems legit if you don't know them personally?

cfel

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 10:10 am
oliveoil wrote:
Is she an adult?

She is almost 18.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 10:12 am
She can create a “lookbook” and email or text it to potential customers.

rgr

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 10:15 am
Are there any waxing places or hair cutting places around your neighborhood that wouldn't mind her putting her business card there?

I see that when I go get a waxing (in a home)

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 1:40 pm
Print business cards. It is worthwhile to pay someone to create an attractive "look" and logo for your daughter's business. You and she should always have them at hand.

Make a pdf flyer (again, get something that looks decent).

Offer low "introductory" rates until she starts getting referrals.

And network, network, network!

cfel

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 2:06 pm
Thanks everyone for your replies!
She will start out cheap but I'm still unsure about how people will find out about her.

oliveoil

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 2:31 pm
Word of mouth is pretty powerful, so she should start offering her services for free or at cost to friends and family. If they are satisfied, they will recommend her, and she can build up from there.

But she must have a way to show her portfolio and experience to prospective clients. No one hires off a business card or ad without seeing a body of work, especially for this kind of thing, and especially now when virtually everyone shows their work online.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 2:32 pm
To be honest, I would only use a make up artist that I have seen her work. Business cards would not work for me. That is why social media and word of mouth work. The more she practices the better she will get. So let her do a "promotion" for $15 for the first "ten people". And they will spread the word if they are happy..

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 3:55 pm
flowerpower wrote:
To be honest, I would only use a make up artist that I have seen her work. Business cards would not work for me. That is why social media and word of mouth work. The more she practices the better she will get. So let her do a "promotion" for $15 for the first "ten people". And they will spread the word if they are happy..

Business cards are to help people remember you so they can find you again — you don't get a job from your business card. There are still plenty of people who do not use social media or have a smartphone.

cbg

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 4:03 pm
Contact your local hachnasat kallah and let her make up brides and bridal party for free to needy brides. It's a great chesed and she'll get known. She should do her best work since this is free advertisement.

Maybe she can set up a little station at the Sheitel macher and offer free makeovers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics