Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Issue with kids on the bus. Wwyd?

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 8:48 am
There are some obnoxious kids on the bus that bother my kids when they get on. I see them sticking out their feet and trying to trip them. They kick and shout. Etc. (Immature and major lack of kiddos) The question is how to go about it? Do I speak to the bus driver? Someone at school? My kids are very mature and they just ignore them but lately they've been getting annoyed and I feel terrible that they have to start their day off like this.

simba

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 9:00 am
Speak to whoever is in charge of transportation and ask them who is rsponsible for supervising the kids while on the bus.

simcha2

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 9:30 am
I think it's a school issue. The driver's job is to drive, not discipline kids. If there is a bus monitor obviously they should be dealing with it. But most schools don't have an adult on every bus.

In my kid's school if you misbehave on the bus you are not allowed on the bus.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 9:33 am
Is there a bus teacher? If not I would definitely call the school.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 12:32 pm
Speak to the school- this should not be tolerated. Other kids need to speak up instead of being scared, and the only way this will happen is by being taught.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 12:34 pm
Definitely call the school. My big, tough son came off the bus in tears after a bunch of boys ganged up and called him names on the bus this week. I called the school and the boys were spoken to firmly. If it happens again they will not be allowed on the bus for a period of time. (And that same son has gotten in trouble on the bus himself Rolling Eyes so I know that the school deals with it.)

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 12:37 pm
I waited too long too late. My DS was bullied terribly on the bus by kids his own age and younger. You need to get the school involved. In my case it was the menahel. They cracked down heavily on this kind of behavior and took it very seriously.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children