Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Bayswater (info on daycare,yeshivot,stores,mikveh)

Sarah15

Post Sat, Dec 09 2017, 11:32 pm
Hi,
moving to Bayswater
(near the Agudat Yisroel of Bayswater)
Please help me with some info on daycare for an infant, yeshivot Upk, mikveh stores shuls
everything!
any info?warm community?
Please help me with some info... were a sephardi religious family

SplitPea

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:04 am
Hi there are two seohardi shuls in Bayswater
Birchat eliyahu on Tammy drive and then one that meets in the young israel in the small Shul on shabbos mornings
There are many many many people who do daycare of infants in their home.
Kids here attend far Rockaway and five town schools
For UPK I believe only Darchei Torah offers it and it’s had to get into. Some do sent To on our way. (A local frum run/completely kosher but secular special ed school wirh integrated classes)
People here use far Rockaway and five towns mikvahs ubless krs shabbos and yom tov. We have a shabbos/YT mikvah by the young israel.
There is no shopping walking distance except maybe frankles on cornega. We shop at five towns stores.
The community is great and warm and amazing

I highly suggest finding a way to join the Bayswater women’s watsapp group for specific questions (you can PM me)

There is also a Facebook group far Rockaway Mom connection.

Feel free to ask specific questions you have.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 10:35 am
SplitPea wrote:
Hi there are two seohardi shuls in Bayswater
Birchat eliyahu on Tammy drive and then one that meets in the young israel in the small Shul on shabbos mornings
There are many many many people who do daycare of infants in their home.
Kids here attend far Rockaway and five town schools
For UPK I believe only Darchei Torah offers it and it’s had to get into. Some do sent To on our way. (A local frum run/completely kosher but secular special ed school wirh integrated classes)
People here use far Rockaway and five towns mikvahs ubless krs shabbos and yom tov. We have a shabbos/YT mikvah by the young israel.
There is no shopping walking distance except maybe frankles on cornega. We shop at five towns stores.
The community is great and warm and amazing

I highly suggest finding a way to join the Bayswater women’s watsapp group for specific questions (you can PM me)

There is also a Facebook group far Rockaway Mom connection.

Feel free to ask specific questions you have.

We must live in a different Bayswater. Unfortunately after hearing about how warm and amazing the community is, I really am not having this experience. I really think that I am trying. Any tips?

Ps Darchei upk isn’t hard to get into, just send ET in on time..

SplitPea

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 12:13 pm
That’s sad to hear

I think some people move here with a “help me” attitude

Ie people without cars are often not happy here and often upset the community does not jump at giving them rides everywhere. People really really love helping BUT hate feeling taken advantage of.

Winter is hard but I say get out and get to know people. Offer help where you can when asked, become a part of the community.

It seems we are all talking about a chanuka party now. Join in and get to know people.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 12:22 pm
amother wrote:
We must live in a different Bayswater. Unfortunately after hearing about how warm and amazing the community is, I really am not having this experience. I really think that I am trying. Any tips?

Ps Darchei upk isn’t hard to get into, just send ET in on time..

I think a lot has to do with personality. I have two SILs living in Bayswater. One moved there years ago when it was jus starting out as a community and she loves it. The other moved there as a newly wed and doesn't like it much. She said that she feels very left out and that nobody makes an effort to befriend her.
I think it has to do with the extrovert and introvert personality difference and it's harder for some to make friends more than for others
I as a guest in that town over a Shabbos felt it's a really friendly and warm place and a real mix of all different types.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 12:40 pm
nothing to do with bayswater but I think in general it is hard to move some place as a newly wed. I found that we were invited out more once we had kids.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 2:15 pm
amother wrote:
nothing to do with bayswater but I think in general it is hard to move some place as a newly wed. I found that we were invited out more once we had kids.

I am not not a newlywed, I have kids. I also have a car and I am def not the "help me" type. I don't think I have asked anyone for any favors. It's more like pple say bayswater is like this "different than ny" place, and I'm just not finding that it really is. Yes pple are less materialistic, but I don't see pple as more warm welcoming and friendly. For example the famous shabbos park. I hate hate going there. I push myself for my kids but I finding it cliquey honestly. The Za pple, the ladies with tichels and any carriers and strollers lol, and of course the park ladies who are always there Nd all friends. I've tried to engage but pple don't seem very interested. Just my honest experience, I'm not trying to bash, it's just been different than I expected. And ps I'm not that introverted and I'm also here a little while.

SplitPea

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 6:21 pm
amother wrote:
I am not not a newlywed, I have kids. I also have a car and I am def not the "help me" type. I don't think I have asked anyone for any favors. It's more like pple say bayswater is like this "different than ny" place, and I'm just not finding that it really is. Yes pple are less materialistic, but I don't see pple as more warm welcoming and friendly. For example the famous shabbos park. I hate hate going there. I push myself for my kids but I finding it cliquey honestly. The Za pple, the ladies with tichels and any carriers and strollers lol, and of course the park ladies who are always there Nd all friends. I've tried to engage but pple don't seem very interested. Just my honest experience, I'm not trying to bash, it's just been different than I expected. And ps I'm not that introverted and I'm also here a little while.

Amother I would like to invite you for shabbos. Please PM me!

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:21 pm
Thanks a splitpea, that's very sweet of you, I just don't think I want to out myself. Thanks though!

SplitPea

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:01 pm
Well without “outing” yourself it’s hard to get invited

Just so you know because of this thread we have started a Bayswater shabbos meals service

People can sign up as a host, guest or both. We will have people working on setting people up with new people for meals.

Someone can contact a meal shadchan to say they want to host that week or would like a meal out and we will try and make it happen. Hoping it’s a way to get new families to meet each other.

I also suggest you joining the Bayswater watsapp it’s a great way of communicating.

If you would like to sign up for meals without outing yourself please sign up here

(This goes for anyone in Bayswater!!)

https://docs.google.com/forms/.....onses

Sarah15

Post Wed, Jan 02 2019, 9:32 pm
so im in the process of moving to bayswater, took a long while- I know its probably late but what are my chances of getting my 3 yr old into bby or ateres miriam bais yaakov?<-also what are the hashkafot like there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating