Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Best nicknames for baby boy

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 5:30 pm
I’m looking for nickname ideas for a baby boy who is unlikely to have his bris for a long time. Thanks in advance.

trixx

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 5:46 pm
I like baby
I've heard that some chassidish call him shaya getzel which sounds like non jew.. Dont know if urban myth but think it's hilarious either way

joss3

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 5:49 pm
We had an Israeli nurse that called DS “nasich (prince)” before his bris

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 5:54 pm
Baybala (baby + la at the end) my son has a name but we use that sometimes anyways.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
I’m looking for nickname ideas for a baby boy who is unlikely to have his bris for a long time. Thanks in advance.

We had so many special names for our baby boys before bris! I'm not going to post them even though I'm hiding under amother. Are there older siblings? Or young nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, who are excited about baby and would like to suggest a name? It can be fun if you let them get creative with anything they like from color of baby's pyjamas or shape of tiny ears or anything silly. One of our dc's names stuck until he went to school and found out he has a proper name.

Moonlight

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:41 pm
I love when ppl call the newborns tzaddikle or something to that extent. I end up just saying "the baby"

agreer

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:55 pm
The nursing staff in the NICU called our baby "Buddy" or "Big Guy" while we were there. We liked Buddy.

mha3484

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 10:06 pm
Bubbleh, sweet potatoe, tzadikel, little man

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 10:10 pm
We called him Tzadik'l, Neshama'la, delicious, sweety, zeeskeit, yum yum! Now we call him by his name- Mendelicious!!!

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 10:23 pm
We called my son “baby boy” until his bris.
He was in the NICU for 2 months and that’s just what stuck. Even after his bris I hard a hard time calling him by his name, it took getting used to.

essie14

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 10:44 pm
I know someone who called their son Benny like בני- my son, before he had his brit.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 10:48 pm
Refuah shleima to the babymay he grow stronger and healthier every day.

My original answer was Bubba. But now I’m going to say Shmoofie. Yes, we used that.

Or if you know what his Hebrew name will be, use an English equivalent or nickname.

imasinger

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 11:10 pm
Baby-leh. Pumpkin. Mister Yummy. Mister Baby. Zeeskeit/sweetie. Baby X.

Refuah shleima!

Boca00

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 12:03 am
trixx wrote:
I like baby
I've heard that some chassidish call him shaya getzel which sounds like non jew.. Dont know if urban myth but think it's hilarious either way

I sure hope this is an urban myth.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 4:59 am
We were told to name our baby before his bris. That way you can daven for him by name. We named him at about 2 weeks old, in shul, at the aliya le-torah, like for a girl, and his bris was just before he was 3 months.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:21 am
trixx wrote:
I've heard that some chassidish call him shaya getzel which sounds like non jew..

ETA, Oh, I get it. I don't find it remotely funny and hope it's an urban legend rather than a real thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names