Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Gift for my son and daughter-n-law - NEED HELP PLEASE
1  2  Next

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 7:43 pm
I would like to get my son and daughter n law a gift for chanuka. I don’t have a very large budget but would like to get something either for them both to enjoy (an item for the house etc.) or something specific for my daughter n law, not a perfume or article of clothing.

Please share ideas. I’m stuck.

tiredmommy

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 7:51 pm
A plaque for the front door with their name on it?
Not too expensive (under 50.00)
will take a few days to order though

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 7:54 pm
A throw for the couch?
Tablecloth?

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 7:54 pm
Faux flower arrangement
Placemat
Napkin rings
Cloth napkins
Vase
Glass pitcher with initial on it
Cookbook

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 7:56 pm
They don’t own their house so I don’t know how much they’ll appreciate a door plaque. A tablecloth is a nice idea, But I did that last year for them. They loved it.

Anything else?

tiredmommy

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:01 pm
my kids are renters. they hung it up and will take it with them when they move. definitely portable.

tichellady

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:02 pm
A game, spiralizer, bread machine, rice cooker, blender, good chocolates, nice olive oil set, nice sea salt set, a magazine subscription.

tiredmommy

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:16 pm
what about a new music CD? Or a sefer they would both enjoy or a book of short stories from the seforim store? I would say cookbook but your dil may be insulted? good luck

DVOM

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:19 pm
A gift certificate to a nice restaurant, tickets to see a good show, and a homemade gift certificate good for one night of bubby babysitting (if they have kids).

I wish someone would give this to me and my husband for Chanukah!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:20 pm
My dil is very good with her hands in the kitchen but with a few little kids I don’t know how much time she still has to try out new things ... I’m looking for different ideas so something can “click”. Keep them coming.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:23 pm
Great gift- Fruit & Vegetable chopper (for veg. Salad). company: progressive. Inexpensive, very useful. Last year Chanukah My sister got it for her daughter n laws & they bought it for her!!!

debsey

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:23 pm
amother wrote:
My dil is very good with her hands in the kitchen but with a few little kids I don’t know how much time she still has to try out new things ... I’m looking for different ideas so something can “click”. Keep them coming.

The biggest gift you can give someone in that stage is time, so I ditto the "bubbysitting and reservations" idea.

Pickle1

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:26 pm
pretty washing cup, nice dish towels, or maybe s/t for the shbbs table that they can exchange in a local store - challah cover/lucite benchers/napkin holder/salt shakers/challah tray
gift certificate for a massage, restaurant, or bookstore

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:30 pm
A paid night at a hotel and you get to have the kids

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:49 pm
Coffee machine
Painting

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:08 pm
Bloomingdales.com is having a big sale until midnight. Perhaps look at the home section and buy a nice vase or bowl. If she doesn't like it she can return it. Just bought a bunch of Chanukah gifts there for relatives.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:25 pm
My mom bought us last year a gadol picture for the wall and this year she’s getting us a challah board
Both much appreciated because we weren’t going to splurge on those things but they definitely make our apartment homily !

YHM

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:29 pm
Do they enjoy reading? A magazine subscription.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:30 pm
A coffee machine got me thinking!! I know someone that has a frother, I think they will both love that. I’ll see how much that can cost. Anyone have one and know a good company?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 12:11 am
amother wrote:
A coffee machine got me thinking!! I know someone that has a frother, I think they will both love that. I’ll see how much that can cost. Anyone have one and know a good company?

Personally I have the nespresso machine with the frother. They sell the frother separate for $99 (and Macy's usually has sales). im sure other companies sell for cheaper. But this is quality and if you'll ever want to at a later date you can add the machine which can come totally separate
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics