Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Gender identity confusion is not hardwired into the brain
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 5:53 am
http://dailysignal.com/2017/12.....n0%3D

With all the attention being given to children with gender identity disorders, and children given puberty blockers, and the Canadian government threatening to put children in foster care if their parents don't accept the child's chosen gender, there are other alternatives.

rydys

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:12 am
Excellent article!

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:15 am
southernbubby wrote:
http://dailysignal.com/2017/12/11/cretella-transcript/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell%22&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWldRM05tVmlOV014WlRWaSIsInQiOiJDQnF2Z1NQRHFqdTZPTlVSSDJUcHpSSVo2aGxvc3llMmp0NERLK1BMb01iZlRIU1lweTM5V3FBaWFzaW1tUTFHRkwwUUx0OWlJb05aaTBVWXc2SVk3UWMzakJEXC90SWR6dGEyZmExYmFwb0QxSmhtZ0tBNlBRXC9uMUh0MGVpelVZIn0%3D

With all the attention being given to children with gender identity disorders, and children given puberty blockers, and the Canadian government threatening to put children in foster care if their parents don't accept the child's chosen gender, there are other alternatives.

Canadian government? One province. Ontario - and thats an exaggeration.

simcha2

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:21 am
I think taking your medical information from a publication fully funded by the heritage foundation may not be the most intellectually informative way. If you want to read medical opinion better to read the Science, Nature, the BMJ or another reputable peer reviewed journal.

The article posted is simply opinion and mans nothing in the world truth. It just plays to the echo chamber.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:22 am
Such common sense. It is a shame you need a doctor to tell it to us. And yet the people who say otherwise are usually the ones pride themselves on how enlightened and rational they are. They ignore physical evidence right in front of their eyes that even a three year old could discern, ignore scientific term like X and Y chromosomes and then they claim to be such believers in scientific evidence that they can demand we believe what they claim they do.

simcha2

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:28 am
amother wrote:
Such common sense. It is a shame you need a doctor to tell it to us. And yet the people who say otherwise are usually the ones pride themselves on how enlightened and rational they are.

is human nature to think that an article they agree with is common sense. It takes real koach to try and understand something we don't agree with.

It's like watching political debates, at the end one person says Candidate A clearly won, and the other says, "what are you taking about Candidate B clearly one". You take your prejudices with you.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:34 am
simcha2 wrote:
I think taking your medical information from a publication fully funded by the heritage foundation may not be the most intellectually informative way. If you want to read medical opinion better to read the Science, Nature, the BMJ or another reputable peer reviewed journal.

The article posted is simply opinion and mans nothing in the world truth. It just plays to the echo chamber.

Agreed. This was the thesis of the article:

“To indoctrinate all children from preschool forward with the lie that they could be trapped in the wrong body disrupts the very foundation of a child’s reality testing. If they can’t trust the reality of their physical bodies, who or what can they trust? Transgender ideology in schools is psychological abuse that often leads to chemical castration, sterilization, and surgical mutilation.”

Is anybody on imamother suggesting we include gender issues in our preschools?

simcha2

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:40 am
amother wrote:
Agreed. This was the thesis of the article:

“To indoctrinate all children from preschool forward with the lie that they could be trapped in the wrong body disrupts the very foundation of a child’s reality testing. If they can’t trust the reality of their physical bodies, who or what can they trust? Transgender ideology in schools is psychological abuse that often leads to chemical castration, sterilization, and surgical mutilation.”

Is anybody on imamother suggesting we include gender issues in our preschools?

I agree with your summary. Now show me your peer review proving your hypothesis.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:44 am
simcha2 wrote:

I have no idea what these magazines say on this topic and I don't care. If they are going to tell me something as idiotic as gender not being based on the physical reality a person was born with then they simply lose their value to me.

There is no way I'm going to believe scientific journals over my own eyes. No matter how many times they were peer reviewed.

And no matter how uneducated, stupid and in denial they will say I am.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:47 am
simcha2 wrote:
I agree with your summary. Now show me your peer review proving your hypothesis.

I’m not inclined to get my medical information from this article either - my point of bringing forward the thesis of the article is to question why it was posted here in the first place.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:50 am
amother wrote:
I have no idea what these magazines say on this topic and I don't care. If they are going to tell me something as idiotic as gender not being based on the physical reality a person was born with then they simply lose their value to me.

There is no way I'm going to believe scientist journals over my own eyes. No matter how many times they were peer reviewed.

And no matter how uneducated and stupid they will call me.

Are you also of belief that the earth is flat? Have your eyes seen the curvature?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:55 am
amother wrote:
Are you also of belief that the earth is flat? Have your eyes seen the curvature?

Nothing I wrote leads to this question.

simcha2

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:57 am
amother wrote:
Nothing I wrote leads to this question.

I'll quote you,

There is no way I'm going to believe scientist journals over my own eyes. No matter how many times they were peer reviewed.

Lucky you can't see germs or viruses.

lavenderchimes

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:57 am
I mean... (this indicates my reluctance to get involved in this discussion ...) it's not always so cut and dry.

Sure, the single incident cited in the article wasn't an issue of gender identity at all -- it was something else that was much easier to deal with, B"H. And I am sure there are other situations like that one.

There are also definitely cases where people have mixed up chromosomes, and/or are born with mixed up genitals but the Dr. decided to close off the private part and "pretend" the child is a boy. Or visa versa. I knew someone like this. It's called "inters*x." It does happen. Not to mention the thousands of people raised in a time before transgender was acceptable went through puberty to suffer in their adult lives. It doesn't always magically clear up. Biologically speaking, gender is not ALWAYS binary. It's difficult to find the right way to deal with these things. Pretending that it never happens isn't the answer.

Last edited by lavenderchimes on Mon, Dec 11 2017, 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 6:58 am
simcha2 wrote:
is human nature to think that an article they agree with is common sense. It takes real koach to try and understand something we don't agree with.

It's like watching political debates, at the end one person says Candidate A clearly won, and the other says, "what are you taking about Candidate B clearly one". You take your prejudices with you.

That's not true. I thought Hillary Clinton won the first debate. Her experience showed. And I think she is a criminal. It scared me that she came off better than DT.

Sometimes common sense resonates precisely because it is common sense.

Little kids like to try out different roles. Going thru a phase is not cause for life altering decisions. LOL - my little brothers used to dress as little princesses because I liked it. Imagine if my parents took it and ran with it like some of the parents are doing to show how wonderful the parents are. Brangellina's daughter Shiloh was dressed as a boy starting age 3 or younger. She never stood a chance. If children can't play at 3, when then?

simcha2

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 7:01 am
Squishy wrote:
That's not true. I thought Hillary Clinton won the first debate. Her experience showed. And I think she is a criminal. It scared me that she came off better than DT.

Sometimes common sense resonates precisely because it is common sense.

Little kids like to try out different roles. Going thru a phase is not cause for life altering decisions. LOL - my little brothers used to dress as little princesses because I liked it. Imagine if my parents took it and ran with it like some of the parents are doing to show how wonderful the parents are. Brangellina's daughter Shiloh was dressed as a boy starting age 3 or younger. She never stood a chance. If children can't play at 3, when then?

Look, I agree with you about young children. But using the argument that I used to like to play with trucks as a kid means transgender kids don't exist is intellectually dishonest.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 7:02 am
simcha2 wrote:
I'll quote you,

Lucky you can't see germs or viruses.

I don't mean if my eyes can't see something and scientists bring evidence it exists. I mean if my eyes DO see something like the physical difference between genders and the scientists tell me it isn't real. I can't see the X or Y chromosomes either and I believe they exist.

simcha2

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 7:03 am
amother wrote:
I don't mean if my eyes can't see something and scientists bring evidence it exists. I mean if my eyes DO see something like the physical difference between genders and the scientists tell me it isn't real. I can't see the X or Y chromosomes either and I believe they exist.

So what about when you see a girl, but her dna says xxy?

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 7:06 am
simcha2 wrote:
Look, I agree with you about young children. But using the argument that I used to like to play with trucks as a kid means transgender kids don't exist is intellectually dishonest.

I think there are some that do exist.

Can you likewise admit that some of the surgeries are needless?

http://www.newsweek.com/transg.....76777

I think the reason more are presenting are because of social contigon. Some of these would resolve on their own.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 7:08 am
amother wrote:

Scientists don’t claim that xx and xy bodies are different.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics