Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Helping your parents make peace with your decision

thegiver

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 10:45 pm
I will miss them tremendously but I feel like my family has no choice but to move away. Its a 6 hour distance away from my parents. How do I help them make peace with the idea? How do I make peace with losing a physical connection with them except once or twice a year? It’s causing me grief esp knowing how sad it will make my mother. I know I can give perspective at least its only this far and not further and u can visit but what more can I say. I cant see her cry. How can I make it a happy parting?

crust

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 10:59 pm
I don't think you can help your mother with her grieving. It's a process she has to do on her own.
Try to stay positive. Share happy moments virtually. Send pictures letters and call as often as you are able.
Is she very old? If she's not then, slowly she will get used to it I"yh.

Much mazel and bracha in your new location. May your home be filled with simcha with health and wealth.

Last edited by crust on Mon, Dec 11 2017, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

lavenderchimes

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 11:02 pm
I do a lot of things that break my Mother's heart. As a geyoret, I have no choice. After years of struggling, I finally realized the importance of syaying positive, and of saying things like, "I'm sorry, you know I don't want to upset you. But this is what I have to do. I love you. Everything is going to be okay." Then learn to watch her cry. She can't help it, because she loves you so much. Hatzlacha! ❤️
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating