Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Will a Moore win wreck the GOP?
1  2  3  4  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 8:50 am
http://thehill.com/homenews/th.....12577

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 9:03 am
Isn't he like ten points behind right now?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 9:09 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

From Fox yet.
Only if he's allowed in without any investigation, which Mitch McConnell says won't happen on his watch.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 9:10 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

Fox has him behind by ten, others have them even or going the other way.

It would be wrong to speculate that Fox wants to spur Moore voters to come out and lull Jones voters into staying home so I won't.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 9:16 am
imasoftov wrote:
Fox has him behind by ten, others have them even or going the other way.

It would be wrong to speculate that Fox wants to spur Moore voters to come out and lull Jones voters into staying home so I won't.

LOL
I would like to think that there are a fair number of Moore voters who are voting him in because they don't want the seat to go to Jones, but are sure he won't be allowed to serve.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 9:19 am
PinkFridge wrote:
LOL
I would like to think that there are a fair number of Moore voters who are voting him in because they don't want the seat to go to Jones, but are sure he won't be allowed to serve.

This is the kind of thinking that got us Trump.

When you vote for someone, it is interpreted as an endorsement of the whole package. Who would not allow him to serve, if the people make him their choice?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 9:37 am
PinkFridge wrote:
LOL

Think what you want.

There are Moore supporters who are voting for him because they applaud the fact that he defied a court order by keeping up a display of the Ten Commandments (the Xtian version, of course).

There are Moore supporters who are voting for him because they agree that the last time that America was “great [was] at a time when families were united — even though we had slavery. They cared for one another.” And if you think that, you really, really can't vote for the guy who prosecuted the monsters who bombed the 16th Street Baptist Church in 1963, killing four girls during church services.

There are are Moore supporters who believe that George Soros, like all Jews, are "going to the same place that people who don't recognize God and morality and accept his salvation are going.... And that's not a good place."

There are Moore supporters who really don't care if he molested teenage girls, just like they didn't really care if Trump molested women.

And remember that Trump endorsed him. "We need Republican Roy Moore to win."

And I highly doubt that there would be an ethics probe. Because if there's an ethics probe of Moore, its a signal that there should be an ethics probe of Trump. And the Republicans will never, ever allow that.

And no, it won't hurt the Republicans. Because the fact is that Roy Moore stands for what so many of them believe.

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 9:52 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Think what you want.

There are Moore supporters who are voting for him because they applaud the fact that he defied a court order by keeping up a display of the Ten Commandments (the Xtian version, of course).

There are Moore supporters who are voting for him because they agree that the last time that America was “great [was] at a time when families were united — even though we had slavery. They cared for one another.” And if you think that, you really, really can't vote for the guy who prosecuted the monsters who bombed the 16th Street Baptist Church in 1963, killing four girls during church services.

There are are Moore supporters who believe that George Soros, like all Jews, are "going to the same place that people who don't recognize God and morality and accept his salvation are going.... And that's not a good place."

There are Moore supporters who really don't care if he molested teenage girls, just like they didn't really care if Trump molested women.

And remember that Trump endorsed him. "We need Republican Roy Moore to win."

And I highly doubt that there would be an ethics probe. Because if there's an ethics probe of Moore, its a signal that there should be an ethics probe of Trump. And the Republicans will never, ever allow that.

And no, it won't hurt the Republicans. Because the fact is that Roy Moore stands for what so many of them believe.

Stop. He's not against Jews. He has a Jew attorney. He also fellowships with blacks in his home.

This is his wife's proofs. They also are have close friends with Jews and Rabbis and fellowship with them.

Fox

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 11:33 am
Well, of course Republicans are rooting against Moore. They realize that (a) Moore is no prize; and (b) it doesn’t matter. The NeverTrumpers are popping Valium or downing stiff drinks because they realize that neither Moore nor Jones can be a true victor in this election. The real winner is President Trump, or more specifically, Steve Bannon.

Look at what a gold mine this election has been for President Trump:

* The MSM has reduced their already-fragile credibility by putting all their eggs into the basket of allegations against Moore from 40 years ago, one of which has already been thoroughly discredited.

* In the process, the MSM and liberal pundits cluelessly alienated people throughout the South with their ignorance of the region’s history and culture and their remarkable disrespect.

* Democrats once again allowed themselves to get pushed further to the left of their actual constituency on a number of issues -- in front of a national audience, no less.

A Roy Moore victory is arguably worse for Trump and the GOP, such as it is, than a Jones victory. If Moore wins, he is a reliable vote but a public relations loose cannon.

If Jones wins, it will be seen in Alabama, the South, and much of the rest of the country as a case of liberal elites once again condescendingly telling others what’s best for them. And that will go a long way to energize conservatives in 2018.

With the left working overtime to turn people in flyover country against Democratic candidates, who needs Roy Moore?!

imasoftov

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 11:44 am
Squishy wrote:
Stop. He's not against Jews. He has a Jew attorney. He also fellowships with blacks in his home.

This is his wife's proofs. They also are have close friends with Jews and Rabbis and fellowship with them.

When I heard him say that earlier today, I wondered what he meant by the verb "fellowship". Interfaith activities? Cooperation with Jews-for-J type groups?

Miri7

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 12:39 pm
imasoftov wrote:
When I heard him say that earlier today, I wondered what he meant by the verb "fellowship". Interfaith activities? Cooperation with Jews-for-J type groups?

I have Xian extended family and one lovely member is very active in the interfaith charity community in her city, and she regularly works with rabbis and Jews in interfaith efforts to help the homeless, the poor, support special needs kids from disadvantaged homes, etc. She knows all the local conservative and reform rabbis and lay leadership, and I think she may say that she “fellowships” with them by working together on these common causes. I think the congregations have events together to “fellowship” or build community between members of different faiths. So it may be something along those lines.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 5:29 pm
Fox wrote:
Well, of course Republicans are rooting against Moore. They realize that (a) Moore is no prize; and (b) it doesn’t matter. The NeverTrumpers are popping Valium or downing stiff drinks because they realize that neither Moore nor Jones can be a true victor in this election. The real winner is President Trump, or more specifically, Steve Bannon.

Look at what a gold mine this election has been for President Trump:

* The MSM has reduced their already-fragile credibility by putting all their eggs into the basket of allegations against Moore from 40 years ago, one of which has already been thoroughly discredited.

* In the process, the MSM and liberal pundits cluelessly alienated people throughout the South with their ignorance of the region’s history and culture and their remarkable disrespect.

* Democrats once again allowed themselves to get pushed further to the left of their actual constituency on a number of issues -- in front of a national audience, no less.

A Roy Moore victory is arguably worse for Trump and the GOP, such as it is, than a Jones victory. If Moore wins, he is a reliable vote but a public relations loose cannon.

If Jones wins, it will be seen in Alabama, the South, and much of the rest of the country as a case of liberal elites once again condescendingly telling others what’s best for them. And that will go a long way to energize conservatives in 2018.

With the left working overtime to turn people in flyover country against Democratic candidates, who needs Roy Moore?!

Ah, yes. Everything redounds poorly on the Democrats.

If the people of Alabama (except those who weren't allowed to vote) decide that they would prefer Doug Jones, then clearly the people in Alabama will understand that they were hoodwinked by the EVUL DEMOCRATS.

If they reject Moore because of all of the allegations of abuse (and I've no clue what was "thoroughly discredited"), then its the fault of those pesky New York liberals.

If they reject a candidate who believes that Jews are going to burn in h3ll (but hey, we don't hate 'em, we even hired one as a lawyer!), who believes that homoz3xual conduct should be illegal, and who proudly refuses to obey court orders, well, then those folks who voted were just brainwashed by dem Dems, who don't understand .... what? Don't understand the history of bigotry in Alabama?

You know what conservative support of Moore shows? Its shows that all they care about is the Holy GOP, not the country. Because Moore is just a bad, bad person. Trump should not have supported him, right down to the robocalls. Jeff Flake said country over party. But no one else cared.

And make no mistake. The GOP supported him, whatever fairy tales you want to spin. Trump endorsed him, and the RNC funded him.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 5:35 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Ah, yes. Everything redounds poorly on the Democrats.

If the people of Alabama (except those who weren't allowed to vote) decide that they would prefer Doug Jones, then clearly the people in Alabama will understand that they were hoodwinked by the EVUL DEMOCRATS.

If they reject Moore because of all of the allegations of abuse (and I've no clue what was "thoroughly discredited"), then its the fault of those pesky New York liberals.

If they reject a candidate who believes that Jews are going to burn in h3ll (but hey, we don't hate 'em, we even hired one as a lawyer!), who believes that homoz3xual conduct should be illegal, and who proudly refuses to obey court orders, well, then those folks who voted were just brainwashed by dem Dems, who don't understand .... what? Don't understand the history of bigotry in Alabama?

You know what conservative support of Moore shows? Its shows that all they care about is the Holy GOP, not the country. Because Moore is just a bad, bad person. Trump should not have supported him, right down to the robocalls. Jeff Flake said country over party. But no one else cared.

And make no mistake. The GOP supported him, whatever fairy tales you want to spin. Trump endorsed him, and the RNC funded him.

Jeff Flake for President!!! He's da' man!!! I love the guy.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 5:37 pm
http://www.newsweek.com/alabam.....43601

Alabama has the worst poverty in the developed world so if a Democrat can change that, they should get the chance. And I say that as a Republican.

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 5:41 pm
southernbubby wrote:
http://www.newsweek.com/alabama-un-poverty-environmental-racism-743601

Alabama has the worst poverty in the developed world so if a Democrat can change that, they should get the chance. And I say that as a Republican.

Doesn't Mississippi and Puerto Rico have them beat?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 5:42 pm
Squishy wrote:

yeah maybe but Alabama is still pretty bad

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 5:47 pm
Squishy wrote:

Maybe the guy who said it had never been to either. It was based on his observations, not any real data or analysis.

Certainly at this point, given the continued lack of power and water in large portions of Puerto Rico, I'd rather be in Alabama.

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 5:52 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Maybe the guy who said it had never been to either. It was based on his observations, not any real data or analysis.

Certainly at this point, given the continued lack of power and water in large portions of Puerto Rico, I'd rather be in Alabama.

I feel like Southern Bubby in that anyone who can solve this should be elected regardless of party.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 6:07 pm
Squishy wrote:
I feel like Southern Bubby in that anyone who can solve this should be elected regardless of party.

Yeah, well I can pretty much guarantee you that's not Moore. Or Jones for that matter.

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 6:19 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Yeah, well I can pretty much guarantee you that's not Moore. Or Jones for that matter.

So who do you think can fix this domestic problem?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics