Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Cholov Yisrael Chocoholic!
1  2  Next

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 4:47 pm
I'm one of those chocoholics. embarrassed As a kid, my mother used to go to BJ's and buy a huge box of chocolate- whether it be Hersheys, Reeses, M&M's... I would have about one a day, then when the box was done, it was time for another trip to BJ's!!
Anyway, with my marriage came cholov yisrael, and I have yet to find sufficient substitutes for my previous indulgences. The only one I can say is similar is Kif Kef bars to Kit Kat bars. Where are those cholov yisrael Reese's peanut butter cups? I'm willing to pay big bucks for them Colors
......or any other cholov yisrael suggestions?

gryp

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 5:49 pm
0613- kol hakavod for taking on chalav yisrael! what else have you tried besides kif kef? there are tons of them out there, so many that I cant even think of all of them, but they all taste good to me. Smile
do you also like dark chocolate (pareve)? if you want, you can make your own peanut butter cups that are good. let me know and ill get you the recipe, its simple.

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 5:53 pm
RG wrote:
do you also like dark chocolate (pareve)?

yes, but not as much as milk
Quote:
if you want, you can make your own peanut butter cups that are good. let me know and ill get you the recipe, its simple.

please, let me know! thanks!

queen

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 6:05 pm
WHITE CHOCOLATE RULES!!!!!!!!!
Very Happy
Very Happy
Very Happy
Very Happy

gryp

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 6:11 pm
ill have to get the exact measurements but basically the peanut butter filling is peanut butter, margarine, and confectioners sugar. then you just buy baking chocolate, melt it, and dip balls of the peanut butter filling in the chocolate.
if you want to make the exact peanut butter cup shape, then youll have to buy a mold for it which costs a few dollars. you pour a bit of the melted chocolate into the mold, put in a piece of the filling, and cover the filling with more melted chocolate. it only takes a little while to harden in the freezer and be ready to eat.
you can really make any shape you want- ive done this so many times with kids in camp, its so easy. and it was so good that when the parents came to pick up their kids they ate their kids chocolates shock Exclamation (and these parents have no access or interest in chalav yisrael at all.)
shape the peanut butter filling (ive done balls, squares, and dreidels Wink ), drop the pieces into the pot of melted chocolate, when each is covered evenly with chocolate, take out and set on wax paper (or tinfoil or plates) to harden. it goes faster in the freezer but not a must.
ill get you the exact measurements.

motheroftwo

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 6:12 pm
did you ever try swiss chocolate. They have so many different kinds and are all out of this world!
There is a store in Boro Park called "le chocolat" and they have incredible choolates too. (although quite expensive)

gryp

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 6:14 pm
I found this recipe online. it sounds familiar but im not sure if its the one ive done.

Ingredients
1 cup confectioners’ (powdered) sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temperature

http://www.wrenscottage.com/ki.....g.php

elisecohen

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 7:31 pm
The recipe in Spice & Spirit for Peanut Butter Balls is yummy!

queen

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 8:11 pm
motheroftwo wrote:
There is a store in Boro Park called "le chocolat" and they have incredible choolates too. (although quite expensive)

they have a branch in Teaneck as well as Monsey.
the chocolate is UNREAL. and great to give as gifts.

(their ice cream is also something very special and a must try. with the melted choc. fudge ontop!)

motheroftwo

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 10:13 am
queen, I agree the ice cream is the best ice cream I ever had escp. with the chocolate inside! yummmmmmm!!!!!!!!

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 1:29 pm
Rg I do the exact recipe for my Torah lollipops and yes the parents love it too Exclamation

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 1:53 pm
queen wrote:
their ice cream is also something very special and a must try. with the melted choc. fudge ontop!)

oh, man! why didn't you tell when I went to monsey a few weeks ago, now I'll have to wait till my next trip to NY (or maybe I'll schedule one just for that!)
thanks for the recipes RG!

technic

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 4:22 pm
0613 u think u have probs? im 6000 miles away from this place and droolingggggggggg.....

lucy

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 9:42 pm
Here is a recipe for you, so u don't have to make any planned trips...just to your kitchen!

O-Henry Bars:
2/3 Cup Margarine (I found 1/2 Cup was enough)
4 Cups Oatmeal (makes you feel like your being somewhat healthy!_
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Corn Syrup or Honey
3 tsp Vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together. Spread out onto a 9 x 13 pan, lined with parchment paper. Bake @ 350 for 15 min.

Then melt: one small package of chocolate chips & 2/3 of a cup of peanut butter (or you can use Kraft chocolate peanut butter which is parve and spread over) Spread over mixture. Let stand & cut into squares.

Enjoy Very Happy

lucky

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 10:00 pm
Rosmary chocolate!! They have a new one CARAMEL, It is the ultimate in chocolate.They have pareve and milchig choco bars.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 10:10 pm
I took upon myself CY in High School.
When I went to E"Y for the first time I couldnt' wait to find CY Reese's peanut butter cups..there's something about chocolate and PB>>>
Never found them. only kosher "l'ochlei cholev akum>' Thanks.
But you can find them in chocolate stores...parve..VERY expensive. I think I'll try some of those recipes

Shimmysmom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 9:40 pm
as a seasoned chocolate expert, I will tell u that the best cholov yisroel chocolate in the world( yes I have tried A LOT), hands down, no competition is from a store called The chocolate moose in Toronto.
As for the best cholov yisroel frozen yogurt, munchies in L.A. is the best I have ever tasted!

shoy18

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 10:38 pm
thier is a store called la chocolate in brooklyn and monsey, entire store of cholav yisrael choclate its amazing they also have ice cream that is to die for.
its not be confused with le chocolate, you can get that in stores but its not the same.

princessmommy

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 7:33 am
Can you get Elite magidim chocolate where you live? Israeli imported chocolate? Its really yum and cholov Yisroel.

queen

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 10:24 am
shoy18 wrote:
thier is a store called la chocolate in brooklyn and monsey

Teaneck has a branch too!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen