Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Rabbi Feiner's Speech at White Shul

penguin

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:47 pm
I just listened to Rebbetzin Aviva Feiner speaking at the Ohel Sara Amein group. here

She mentioned something about her husband's speech at the White Shul that seems to have sparked a lot of conversation.

Well, I think I listened to it here and I am wondering what was considered so controversial?

Anyone know? Please keep this conversation respectful and focus on the topic and not on any personal comments. Thank you.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:48 pm
Was it the speech where he said if the OU continues to affiliate with an open orthodox shul, he will break off of the OU?

Cmon be nice

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:56 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Was it the speech where he said if the OU continues to affiliate with an open orthodox shul, he will break off of the OU?

I don't know about that, but the person who first wrote about OO works for the OU (though in a different division) , so that's pretty interesting

penguin

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:07 pm
When was that speech?
He definitely spoke about remaining separate from the surrounding culture as the Maccabim did. He said Yaakov taught Yosef the Torah of Shem V'Ever (as opposed to Avraham & Yitzchok) which was about how to survive in Galus.
Also that Dinah went out & was captured by Shechem, whereas Yosef was tempted by Eishes Potifar but resisted, and this would show Klal Yisroel how to survive in Galus.

(He mentioned the vort about Yosef & Dinah being switched in utero so that Yosef had the feminine middah of mesalsel be'sa'arosav, and Dinah had the masculine middah of being a Yatzanis. I thought he might go in the direction... but no...)

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:31 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics