Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
I need your EASIEST BAKED LATKE recipe!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:04 pm
I am exhausted. I don't want to stand over a frying pan full of oil. I want to just throw them in the oven and have them come out somewhat crispy.

All suggestions gratefully appreciated!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:07 pm
Here you go.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....atkas

mha3484

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 7:07 pm
http://www.cookingformypeople......-dip/

octopus

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 8:42 pm
So I tried to do this and it's not stress free. I use a real metal pan and cover with aluminum foil (so I didn't use a disposable baking sheet). I only sprayed with oil spray instead of following instructions to coat with a layer of regular oil as well. I had to battle flipping these latkes as it got stuck to the aluminum foil. I use my own potato kugel recipe (yum) and it was a big hit, but it wasn't like throwing something in the oven and forgetting about it. It is definitely somewhat involved (although not as involved as standing over a frying pan).

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Dec 14 2017, 9:03 pm
Is there a Trader Joe's near you? Their latkes come out GREAT from the oven and taste 100% home made. Really.Posting anonymously as I don't intend to admit anything except to direct questioning.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Dec 15 2017, 7:20 am
amother wrote:
Is there a Trader Joe's near you? Their latkes come out GREAT from the oven and taste 100% home made. Really.Posting anonymously as I don't intend to admit anything except to direct questioning.

Oh, I wish! Someday there will be a Trader Joe's in Israel (soon and in our days.)

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Dec 15 2017, 7:42 am
octopus wrote:
So I tried to do this and it's not stress free. I use a real metal pan and cover with aluminum foil (so I didn't use a disposable baking sheet). I only sprayed with oil spray instead of following instructions to coat with a layer of regular oil as well. I had to battle flipping these latkes as it got stuck to the aluminum foil. I use my own potato kugel recipe (yum) and it was a big hit, but it wasn't like throwing something in the oven and forgetting about it. It is definitely somewhat involved (although not as involved as standing over a frying pan).

One way to make it stick less is to spray the pan or pour oil into the pan and stick it in the oven for two or three minutes for the oil to heat up. Then when you put the latkes in the pan you need to watch out for splatter as if in a frying pan but you don't need to stand over it. Bake at 425, 15 minutes each side.

WWG1WGA

Post Sat, Dec 16 2017, 8:26 pm
Make regular latkes recipe and prepare a cookie sheet with greased parchment pape. Bake until golden then flip.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 8:58 am
Generously oil muffin tins.
Throw all your latke ingredients into the food processor. Just scrub the potatoes, don't perl them.
Fill the muffin tins halfway.
Bake in a very hot oven until dark brown.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics