Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where to stay overnight on the way to Eilat?

jkw

Post Fri, Dec 15 2017, 5:25 am
Thinking of leaving Jerusalem Motzei Shabbos and driving part of the way to Eilat.

Where do you recommend along the route and which route to take? Anything mehadrin or at least kosher? Zimmer suggestions also welcome.

TIA.

grace413

Post Fri, Dec 15 2017, 6:07 am
I know this is not what you asked but....I really don't think it's worthwhile. It's a 4 1/2 hour trip from Jerusalem.

You will have to drive 1 1/2 just to get to the Dead Sea where you pay big bucks for a hotel room (they are all kosher not mehadrin) or a zimmer at the neve zohar just past dead sea. Check out zimmer.co.il for prices. Not a fan of driving the twisting winding road in the dark.

Basically you'd be paying for a room for about 12 hours. Just MHO.
Better to push through or leave early morning. Actually leaving early morning is better; you won't be tired, it's light out. You can stop for breakfast at Cafe Cafe at the Dead Sea which is Mehadrin (or was when I was there about a year ago).

Have fun.

Teomima

Post Fri, Dec 15 2017, 7:28 am
Building off what grace said, if you're going at night, the road via the Dead Sea really can be dark and curvy. But you can also go via Beer Sheva, which is a much easier drive, especially if you take the 6 down. Then you can stay there overnight. There should be plenty of options.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions