Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/o Would You Want Someone to Tell You If...

S/o- Would you want someone to tell you...
Definitely!  
 45%  [ 47 ]
No way. I rather not know.  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Only if it was fixable.  
 33%  [ 34 ]
Sometimes - Depends on the exact scenario.  
 20%  [ 21 ]
Only if it was a tznius / religious thing.  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 103

Boca00

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 9:19 pm
...if you were wearing something ripped or stained, had lipstick on your teeth, toilet paper on your shoe, your shirt rode up, your skirt was see-through etc...?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 9:21 pm
Yes

Boca00

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 9:24 pm
Same. I could probably usually make sure to sit or run out and buy/borrow something if it wasn't easily fixable.

I hate coming back from somewhere like, "why did no one tell me??"

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 9:26 pm
Definitely.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Sep 06 2018, 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 9:29 pm
I was once walking home from highschool on 18th ave in BP. I was waiting by the light and a stranger passed by and told me "excuse me, your slipping" I look down and that second my slip fell completely to the ground . I was standing with my feet surrounded by a white slip on the ground and I was mortified . I obviously couldn't put it back on. So I just stepped out of it, but had to lift it up. Fold it up and shove it into the sleeve of my jacket. I was so so embarrassed and so many people saw . But I think she did the right thing. I probably would've tripped and fallen had she not said anything.

agreer

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 10:00 pm
Depends.

Something fixable, like slip showing or toilet paper? Yes, absolutely.

Something not fixable, like a rip in my tights or a stain? Nope, save it. Why make me feel bad about something I can't change till I get home.

Debbie

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:40 am
If it was something I could do something about there and then, I would like to be told discreetly.
I was once in a Shul on Simchas Torah and a lady pointed something out to me whilst there were other people around who could clearly hear her.
It was quite embarrassing!

yo'ma

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 9:36 am
Last week a woman was walking in front of me and it was dirty on the backside of her clothing. I was debating if I should say something, but since it looked like it wouldn't come off by just wiping it, I decided not to.

nywife

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:43 pm
Yes, if it were something easily fixable. Like if my skirt was tucked into my tights, or I was dragging toilet paper on my shoe or something like that. I would not want someone to tell me I had a stain, a rip in my shirt, or something I could not fix. It would just make me feel self conscious and awkward.

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:53 pm
Boca00 wrote:
...if you were wearing something ripped or stained, had lipstick on your teeth, toilet paper on your shoe, your shirt rode up, your skirt was see-through etc...?

Of course, if it's fixable.

momof2+?

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 11:24 pm
If you had something embarrassing going on on the back of your skirt, you wouldn’t want someone to tell you? In the worst case, you know to go somewhere and change ASAP and not walk around nonchalantly with the whole city seeing you for the next 3 hours.🤭🤔👀

Blessing1

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 12:19 am
If I look embarrassing of course I would want somoene to say something. I was at a simcha & I scratched my back & felt the seam from my zipper opened, my back was exposed! I explaimed " oy my dress is torn" afew women said "I saw"! Y didn't they say something? Bh I had safety pins on me.

dovebird

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 12:37 am
Yes I would want someone to tell

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 12:50 am
I stopped someone on 13th avenue to tell her that her skirt was stuck in her waistband. She was very thankful and said she went to the bathroom 3 blocks ago. that's a long way to go on one of the busiest streets in brooklyn with panties in sight. I would hope that someone would extend the same courtesy to me (albeit sooner...) in a similar situation.

top mom

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 1:46 am
Someone once pointed out to me that my skirt zipper was open - exposed tights etc!
I was so grateful to her, she was a teenager and I was a married woman, it was really courageous and kind of her.

jewwoman

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 2:33 am
Definitely would want someone to tell me if it was fixable. I once blew my nose and somehow some of the contents landed on my chin. I was,in someones house and she told me. It was,embarrassing for that moment but imagine walking around with a bugger on your face.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 2:23 pm
Please please tell someone if they have something really embarrassing on them.
Even a huge spot in the back of a skirt which u think she can’t help.
I’d turn my skirt to the front and hold some big shopping bag there to block it.
I’d do something!

I once left my house with the bottom of my skirt up, tucked into my pantyhose in the back. Thank g-d a neighbor saw me immediately and told me.

I was horrified, but happy she pointed it out to spare myself further embarrassment

yo'ma

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 11:15 am
momof2+? wrote:
If you had something embarrassing going on on the back of your skirt, you wouldn’t want someone to tell you? In the worst case, you know to go somewhere and change ASAP and not walk around nonchalantly with the whole city seeing you for the next 3 hours.🤭🤔👀

amother wrote:
Please please tell someone if they have something really embarrassing on them.
Even a huge spot in the back of a skirt which u think she can’t help.
I’d turn my skirt to the front and hold some big shopping bag there to block it.
I’d do something!

Not when it's pants! When it's something not fixable it's embarrassing to have a perfect stranger say something even if they have to go around the whole day like that because then they'll just feel self conscious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics