Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need indoor space for visitation - brooklyn

amother
Red

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 10:30 pm
My children’s father lives out of town and needs a space he can take the kids to when he comes in to visit for a few hours. Is there a space similar to a living room he can hang out in and bond with the kids? No kids n action type of places. Just a quiet comfortable spot.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 10:42 pm
Hotel lobby if they just want to talk? Pottery painting if want to relax and also do something fun?

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 11:05 pm
Many dads do dinner and then hang out at the restaurant/pizza shop... or park in nice weather... Starbucks....

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 8:41 am
Library?

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 9:12 am
Which type? Chasidish? Maybe in.my.house if its good area for.him

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 9:16 am
Maybe take out one of those hachnasis orchim apartments for the day.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 9:23 am
He can make a scheduled day of it. Quiet bonding time at the library, lunch at a pizza shop or cafe and then a more fun time at the jungle gym for painting and jumping. Good luck.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 9:29 am
1. can you rent a hotel room?
2. can he go to a shul that is not being used at the time?
some shuls have a party room or ballroom where they make simchos. I'm thinking of Agudas Yisroel Bais Binyumin. Upstairs. On Ave. L and Nostrand.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 9:32 am
Thanks for the suggestions. If he had a friend or family who would be willing to let him use their house in Brooklyn that would be the most preferable but he doesn’t have anyone in Brooklyn. Kids range in age from 2-9.
I can run the suggestions by him but doodlesmom, I think a hachnasas orchim apartment would work well. Do you know how I can get in touch with one? A room in a shul would also work well, I can try calling that shul.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 9:38 am
Try 718-686-2750

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 1:45 pm
Tell them to give the nicest....and stay available that evening or the evening before in case he needs to combine with sleep for himself.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 2:31 pm
collive.com or crownheights.info has listings of rentals

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 5:27 pm
A few suggestions:

- Can he rent a place to stay that's more than just a room? Like an AirBNB or a short-term (nightly) apartment rental?

- Can he spend time with them at your house, and you go out for the afternoon/evening?

- Would a family member of yours be willing to host, even if they dislike him, for your children's sake?

You are right that there is an entirely different type of bonding that happens in a normal hanging out at home environment than when running around to outings and restaurants.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries