Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
If you're going through hell, keep going.
1  2  3  Next

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 1:09 pm
Please post inspirational quotes. I know we've had threads like this before but it's fun.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 1:26 pm
Don't let your happiness be controlled by things you can't control.

Build others up because you knows what it is like to be torn down.

Be the women who is able to smile this morning as if she wasn't crying all of last night.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 1:38 pm
Q: How's life?

A: Beats the alternative! Wink

And my personal favorite, "Do one thing different", from the book by the same name.

penguin

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 1:41 pm
Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

crust

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 1:46 pm
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

dr. pepper

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 1:50 pm
Just remember you're unique....like everyone else.

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 1:51 pm
amother wrote:

Be the women who is able to smile this morning as if she wasn't crying all of last night.

I don't like this one. Facades are not inspirational.

I prefer this
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you know.” - AA Milne

livinginflatbus

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 2:25 pm
No matter how u feel , get up dress up show up and never give up

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 2:37 pm
Don’t look back
You’re not going that way

Surrendered

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 2:54 pm
If Hashem brings you to it, he'll bring you though it!

crust

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 2:54 pm
debsey wrote:
I don't like this one. Facades are not inspirational.

I prefer this
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and loved more than you know.” - AA Milne

Promise me that next time you meet a crying woman you will be inspired by it. Tongue Out LOL

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:09 pm
crust wrote:
Promise me that next time you meet a crying woman you will be inspired by it. Tongue Out LOL

It inspired me, when I was a crying woman. A friend gave me a mug with this written on it and adorable line drawings of the Pooh characters. Very sweet gift for someone going through a really rough time.

rgr

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:17 pm
If you feel like you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot on it and hang on

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:19 pm
"Courage is not having the strength to go on. It is going on when you don't have the strength"

"Be strong because it may be stormy now but it never rains forever"

"The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us But those who win battles we know nothing about"

"When a goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer"

crust

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:26 pm
debsey wrote:
It inspired me, when I was a crying woman. A friend gave me a mug with this written on it and adorable line drawings of the Pooh characters. Very sweet gift for someone going through a really rough time.

Your qoute was very inspirational!!

I was referring to your words that putting a smile on in the morning is a facade.

InnerMe

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:38 pm
Hey I like this! I love inspirational quotes...

My first is not really a quote, but the AA serenity prayer always inspires me:

"G-d, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference."

And "Let go, and let G-d"

"Don't be pushed by your problems, be lead by your dreams"

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

"Tears are words hearts can't say" Crying

InnerMe

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
"Courage is not having the strength to go on. It is going on when you don't have the strength"

"Be strong because it may be stormy now but it never rains forever"

"The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us But those who win battles we know nothing about"

"When a goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer"

Beautiful Quotes, Sienna.

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:03 pm
crust wrote:
Your qoute was very inspirational!!

I was referring to your words that putting a smile on in the morning is a facade.

Yeah, I just know so many people who live their lives in denial, always putting a smile on their face and pretending that utterly unacceptable things are OK, that it just doesn't seem inspirational.

I guess it depends on why you do it. When you do it to put a pretty bow on reality and shove something unacceptable under the rug, that's not inspirational. When you do it to encourage others to find the strength to persevere, that's different.

Maybe it's just my automatic reaction - but when I read that quote, I think "denial."

crust

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:07 pm
True debsey.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 4:23 pm
amother wrote:
Don't let your happiness be controlled by things you can't control.

Build others up because you knows what it is like to be torn down.

I actually think the last quote is very inspirational. Kind of sums up my life right now. I’m going through a very difficult and challenging pregnancy loss and IF journey. It takes tremendous strength and courage for me to constantly smile and maintain an atmosphere of simcha in my home. But I try my best.

I think about this a lot Friday night, when I light candles. I usually end up crying when I’m lighting, as I think about the one I lost that I am not lighting a candle for. But then I say, Hashem, I am going to uncover my face and smile at my family, even if it’s fake. But please “vezakeinu lekabel Shabbosos mitoch rov simcha,” please grant me a yeshua and allow me to smile and welcome the Shabbos queen with true simcha, and not a broken heart.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational