Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for 5th Boy

momtra

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 11:46 pm
What can I get for a baby gift of a close friend ( up tp $40-50) who gave birth to her 5th boy, and has lots of clothing from her other sons?

funmother

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 12:13 am
Its nice to get new baby outfits. clothing might have stains coming through why should child 5 wear all hand-me-downs

Boca00

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 12:23 am
Agreed. I got very few outfits for my 4th boy as everyone assumed I had plenty of clothes. But so many things were worn to death, completely out of style, or emerged from storage with mysterious stains that weren't there before. I bought a bunch of new things as most were unusable.

essie14

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 8:33 am
I can't imagine that clothing is in good condition after so many children.
But an Amazon gift card would always be appreciated.

lfab

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 10:44 am
Nest would be to ask her what she wants or needs. But if you do make sure to tell her your price range. After I had a baby several people asked me what we want but I had no idea how much they had planned on spending and I felt funny telling them something that may have been much more than they had planned to spend.
Otherwise I agree with others about new clothes. When I had my 5th girl the gifts I appreciated most were the few people who gave me new clothes. After going through 4 other kids, plus some stuff I had lent out to others over the years, almost nothing I had was usable. The stuff I had that was newer were all the wrong season, which for a newborn makes a difference. I ended up having to buy tons of new stuff. I would have much rather gotten clothes than random toys, which last through multiple kids and I had a ton of. A gift card to target is also nice then she can use it for clothes if needed and if not she can use it for other stuff.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 11:23 am
A bag full of baby socks. They tend to disappear from one child to the next. Or replenish all the newborn supplies - baby thermometer and nail clipper, infant Tylenol, burp cloths, the ordinary stuff.

Or something nice for the mom - bath salts, a gift certificate for a massage, etc.

Stars

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 2:43 pm
Toys for the older ones
Clothing would be appreciated too

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 4:30 pm
As someone who has a Kah a lot of boys a stretchie is a nice thing. After so many Boys she'll be excited to have something new. A gift certificate in a toy store is another option.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 7:48 pm
A 'Diaper Genie' is a great gift that people enjoy but usually won't fargin to buy it themselves. (It's a cute garbage Bin for pampers, so room is odorless). Pamper your friend- the mom, with a nice lotion set. Or toy/game for the older kids! Sometimes it's more appreciated than a gift for baby.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Dec 19 2017, 8:26 pm
As a mom of boys...I'd love a gift to entertain the rest of the gang! Magna tiles...lego...whatever keeps them busy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics