Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Easy, Awesome Chicken Thighs and Potatoes - Instant Pot

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:12 pm
This recipe is for the instant pot. It's kind of a mishmash of other recipes, but my family loves it and it is super easy.

6-8 potatoes, cut into large chunks (like I cut each potato in 3, too small and the instant pot mushes them)
6 bone-in chicken thighs or chicken legs

Brown potatoes in oil and some spices (I use kosher salt/paprika/garlic powder)
Brown chicken thighs on each side. I would say I brown the chicken thighs for 3 minutes skin side down, and 3 minutes skin side up. Meanwhile, the potatoes are also browning a bit.

Personally, I don't like the Instant Pot sautee feature. I know people like the whole "one pot prep thing) but I'd rather brown all my chicken thighs and potatoes at once, so I have one of those massive frying pans. Much quicker that way, and my dishwasher can handle washing two pots.

Dump everything in the instant pot.

Pour over one jar of duck sauce, and 2 cups chicken or beef broth (I use boiling water with two tablespoons soup mix, MSG free kind)

Set instant pot for Poultry, 13 minutes (press LESS once)

I work, so I leave it to manually release.

Forget all about it, and in about 30 minutes or so, you have an amazing supper.

The chicken and potatoes are buttery and soft and just the most perfect texture.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:28 pm
I haven't tried an instant pot yet but is the purpose of one to reduce cooking time?

debsey

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 2:29 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I haven't tried an instant pot yet but is the purpose of one to reduce cooking time?

Yes.

also the texture of the pressure cooking.

And for me, the fact that you can set something to slow cook, and then if you realize that it didn't cook quite long enough, you can quickly switch the mode to pressure cook and it's done.

I just like having slow cook and pressure cook options in one appliance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey