Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Tips on maintaining a clean home - please!

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 4:05 pm
I get into grooves of picking up after myself and cleaning every dish when I'm done using it etc. But then that fire stops and my house becomes a huge mess that gives me so much anxiety I just spend my day out.
What are some good tips to get and keep my house clean. To keep that fire I get randomly. I hate living like this, it is so difficult to keep it together. Feel bad for my dh and dc.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 4:16 pm
amother wrote:
I get into grooves of picking up after myself and cleaning every dish when I'm done using it etc. But then that fire stops and my house becomes a huge mess that gives me so much anxiety I just spend my day out.
What are some good tips to get and keep my house clean. To keep that fire I get randomly. I hate living like this, it is so difficult to keep it together. Feel bad for my dh and dc.

Everyone has to pitch in, throw out and put away anything and everything that they touch as they finish using it. Same for cleaning up spills and crumbs, hanging things up and putting things in the laundry.
Try this it's hard to get used to but so worth it.
In addition after dinner put the timer on for 15 minutes and run around the house putting whatever got left out or accumulated over the day. Have others help too. Make it a fun game.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 7:36 pm
Make a set routine of cleaning and organizing and stick to it. Put on fun music.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 8:20 pm
I wish I was able to stick to a routine. It's very much not in my character and I can try and work on it, like I always am but it hasn't happened yet...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 8:27 pm
I feel same way, I can be a neurotic housewife and have a spotless house, but when I let go it becomes a mess. I don't feel bad for DH because he does absolutely nothing to help, but I feel bad for myself. Its not easy to stick to a routine for me either, we are prob both ADD!

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 8:33 pm
amother wrote:
I wish I was able to stick to a routine. It's very much not in my character and I can try and work on it, like I always am but it hasn't happened yet...

It sounds like you don’t work? No one likes to do it, but it’s the only way. Part of adulting.

Surrendered

Post Wed, Dec 20 2017, 8:48 pm
For great tips, ideas & guidance in maintaining a clean household, call the "Hakol Beseder" Hotline @ 347 772 1188.

zigi

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 10:43 am
Www.aslobcomesclean.com

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 11:18 am
I have certain personal "rules" that help me keep my sanity. Everything we used for meals washed and sink clean before going to bed. We have an island in our kitchen and it must be clear. Those things are daily. Some things are weekly--after shabbos, I do a sweep and all magazines, newspapers, other recyclables get put in bin, books get picked up and stacked neatly on shelves or table, etc. Papers can only be in one spot, my "to do" rack, and every once in a while I go through that. Share these rules with others in your household and make sure they are responsible for them as well. Then when I have a few minutes spare here and there I do things like emptying the dishwasher/dishrack, sorting mail, etc.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Dec 21 2017, 1:26 pm
try the flylady...I like her routines.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics