Home

Relative in jail
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Lime


Post  Fri, Dec 22 2017, 11:56 am
For all you who said tehillim for Mr Rubashkin, can you say tehilim for a close relative in jail: Menachem Mendel ben Baila Rivka? I wont go into specifics but he helped a lot of women in difficult situations.
Back to top

amother




Orchid


Post  Fri, Dec 22 2017, 11:57 am
Is that Mendel Mendel or Menachem Mendel?
Back to top

imasoftov









  


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 6:02 pm
amother wrote:
For all you who said tehillim for Mr Rubashkin, can you say tehilim for a close relative in jail: Mendel Mendel ben Baila Rivka? I wont go into specifics but he helped a lot of women in difficult situations.

Without those specifics, sorry, no.
Back to top

amother




Khaki


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 6:52 pm
Helping woman in difficult situations sounds like a connotation of something bad. Can u possibly elaborate a teensy bit. Like why he was locked up. Obviously suspected of doing something bad. U don't get locked up for nothing suspicious.
Back to top

SuperWify









  


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 7:27 pm
OP, is the tehillim name correct?

May he have a yeshua soon!
Back to top

amother




Olive


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 8:02 pm
How many years is your relative sitting?
Back to top

imasoftov









  


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:
Helping woman in difficult situations sounds like a connotation of something bad. Can u possibly elaborate a teensy bit. Like why he was locked up. Obviously suspected of doing something bad. U don't get locked up for nothing suspicious.

On your last point, I would listen to evidence that someone was falsely arrested, denied bail, or convicted, but I'd have to hear it first.
Back to top

amother




Fuchsia


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 8:26 pm
Op, do you have reason to suspect your relative is innocent of the crime he's serving for?
Do you feel he didnt have a fair trial/was denied his rights?
Do you feel the length of the sentence is overly harsh in relative to the crime? (Ie 20 years for pickpocketing)
Do you feel your relative is in danger in prison?
Or do you just wish he wasnt in jail and want him home? The latter is an understandable feeling but some people may not agree with this.
Back to top

hesha









  


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 8:30 pm
I have no idea who the op or her relative is, but it sounds like he might have been helping agunos and got into trouble with the law doing that
Back to top

amother




Emerald


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 8:35 pm
It doesn't matter what the story is. Hes a yid and he's is sitting in jail....may he have his yisha bachriv.
Back to top

amother




Chocolate


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 9:01 pm
Is that [name removed]?
Back to top

amother




Emerald


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 9:03 pm
amother wrote:
Is that ?


Does it really matter...Im reporting this!
Back to top

amother




Fuchsia


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 9:10 pm
I actually think it does matter who it is. Every yid in jail has family who loves him. But many in jail often have those who he hurt.
I personally know people men and women who love and were helped by MW. But I also know people who were really hurt by him. (Not get refusers. people who were hurt by him during the bais din process.)
And many rabbanim dont hold nowadays that every yid should be released from jail. Its shades of gray.
But when asking us to daven for someone, we should know. Maybe im one who he hurt and Im not able to daven for him.
Back to top

amother




Emerald


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 9:17 pm
amother wrote:
I actually think it does matter who it is. Every yid in jail has family who loves him. But many in jail often have those who he hurt.
I personally know people men and women who love and were helped by MW. But I also know people who were really hurt by him. (Not get refusers. people who were hurt by him during the bais din process.)
And many rabbanim dont hold nowadays that every yid should be released from jail. Its shades of gray.
But when asking us to daven for someone, we should know. Maybe im one who he hurt and Im not able to daven for him.


Its pure LH.
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose


Post  Sat, Dec 23 2017, 9:29 pm
OP I have no idea of the circumstances but this is for you
Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug
Back to top

amother




Aqua


Post  Sun, Dec 24 2017, 12:23 am
It says Pidyon Shviim the biggest Tzedaka for any reason
Back to top

unexpected









  


Post  Sun, Dec 24 2017, 12:39 am
You can davening for him to have a yeshuah and Hashem will put the tefillos to work for him. If he really does need to be in jail for longer, Hashem won't let him out, right?
Davening is not the same thing as writing a letter to the president
Back to top

amother




Emerald


Post  Sun, Dec 24 2017, 12:40 am
amother wrote:
It says Pidyon Shviim the biggest Tzedaka for any reason


Yes
Back to top

imasoftov









  


Post  Sun, Dec 24 2017, 2:37 am
hesha wrote:
I have no idea who the op or her relative is, but it sounds like he might have been helping agunos and got into trouble with the law doing that

Yes, but did he get into trouble because someone who objected to that falsely accused him of a crime, or because the way he was helping them was in fact a crime?
Back to top

imasoftov









  


Post  Sun, Dec 24 2017, 2:44 am
Emerald amother wrote:
It doesn't matter what the story is. Hes a yid and he's is sitting in jail....may he have his yisha bachriv.

How about a Jew who you personally witnessed torturing to death whichever rabbi you most respected? Or maybe someone who moisered another Jew, but it only got him a reduced sentence, not immediate freedom?

Someone is going to ask me, do you think either of those apply here, and to save you time, no, I'm not arguing against helping OP's relative, I'm arguing against the post to which I responded.
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed

Similar Topics Replies Last Post
choson in jail 3 Thu, Nov 17 2005, 11:50 am View last post
Update on Three Bochurim in Jail 7 Thu, Aug 06 2009, 12:11 am View last post
New Square Shaul Spitzer gets 7 years jail!!!!!!!!!!! 146 Wed, Oct 28 2015, 12:21 pm View last post
My cleaning lady went to jail for stealing!
by amother
40 Mon, Dec 02 2013, 2:53 pm View last post
Frum woman faces jail for planting a vegetable garden?? 38 Sun, Jul 31 2011, 8:38 am View last post

Jump to:  

Report offensive ad