Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
End of year review

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 11:51 am
I am working for the same company for a few years now. At the end of each year so far, I requested a raise (justifying my request) and have received one. This past year the company did not do as well as they would have liked and I did not do anything 'more' than the usual to increase sales. I am a good employee but don't feel that I have a 'case' to ask for a raise this time around (other than that I have been at the company for another year).

Is it wrong of me to ask for a raise this year or is it standard to ask for a raise every year (regardless of performance)?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 11:55 am
Each company is different. I've worked for companies where the raise was automatic.
I've never requested annual raises besides the places that had that system implemented.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 11:56 am
If the culture at your company is to ask for raises - then ask. Seems like you have enough knowledge to know you may not get it.

I’m assuming you will be polite, not threatening or demanding.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 1:03 pm
amother wrote:
I am working for the same company for a few years now. At the end of each year so far, I requested a raise (justifying my request) and have received one. This past year the company did not do as well as they would have liked and I did not do anything 'more' than the usual to increase sales. I am a good employee but don't feel that I have a 'case' to ask for a raise this time around (other than that I have been at the company for another year).

Is it wrong of me to ask for a raise this year or is it standard to ask for a raise every year (regardless of performance)?

may I ask how much of a raise you ask?
I would like to ask for a raise at my first review (and yes, I can justify my request), but im not sure how to much to ask for. how do you decide how much to ask for?

thanks!

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
may I ask how much of a raise you ask?
I would like to ask for a raise at my first review (and yes, I can justify my request), but im not sure how to much to ask for. how do you decide how much to ask for?

thanks!

I just figured what would be a fair hourly rate for my work. I was very underpaid when I started.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Dec 24 2017, 1:33 pm
amother wrote:
I just figured what would be a fair hourly rate for my work. I was very underpaid when I started.

so how much did you ask for from year to year? for example if you started at 45k would you ask for 50k or 48k? (totally throwing out a number there. thats not how much I make)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics