Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Painting with diamonds
1  2  Next

malky800

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 5:50 pm
I hope I didn't get anyone too excited with the post title.
But I was wondering if anyone has bought from this company

They call it a paint by number with beads.
It looks really cool in concept and with a big sale today it's cheap too.

https://paintwithdiamonds.com/

debsey

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 5:56 pm
No, but cool concept. I could see doing it for a get-together.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 5:59 pm
debsey wrote:
No, but cool concept. I could see doing it for a get-together.

It seems way too intricate for a get together. This probably is hours and hours of work. It's like doing a cross stitch but placing beads instead of stitching. My cross stitching projects take me more than a year to complete.
Definitely looks like a cool concept. Have never seen this before.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 6:36 pm
I have one I do a bit when 1 have extra time. It's gonna take me months to finish. They're tiny beads.

real israeli

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 8:31 pm
Just ordered one. Looks interesting enough and not too expensive

return2You

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 8:36 pm
I once received such a kit at a crafts trade show. My son and I love doing it! Super relaxing. Like a puzzle only better. It does take many hours though, not appropriate for get-together.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 8:43 pm
Nice! looks like a relaxing activity! But I like modern / trendy pictures ni didn’t really find any, a lot of the pictures are very classic and traditional.

real israeli

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 8:44 pm
I actually ordered as entertainment for the evenings - instead of imamother Smile at least ill have what to show for my time

GreenEyes26

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 8:46 pm
Omg this looks amazing. Ordering now!!

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 9:15 pm
Looks like it would take TONS of patience, and due to all the tweezing probably very hard on the hands unless you do a little at at time. Can the adhesive handle being replaced and removed multiple times until you finish it?

Definitely the sale prices make it seem worth a try. I like the safari one that comes in 3 pieces, so you could buy the $25 kit and then several family members could participate in making it, and then everyone's projects will coordinate on the wall.

tichellady

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 9:25 pm
Does not look fun to me

real israeli

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 10:38 pm
I just want to mention that after I ordered I found a different picture that would better match the room. I emailed them and got a response two minutes later. They were happy to make the change for me. Amazing customer service!
Thanks op for linking their site!
I'm getting excited to get it

goforit

Post Mon, Dec 25 2017, 10:57 pm
They sell tons of these on ali express for really cheap. Search for diamond painting.

real israeli

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:23 am
goforit wrote:
They sell tons of these on ali express for really cheap. Search for diamond painting.

You are right. Now I feel like an idiot. Just found them on aliexpress for half the "sale" price I just paid!

Gam zu litova!

Posting so others don't make the same mistake I did.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:37 am
Be careful to read the reviews. Sometimes the cheaper kits have a picture where only a portion uses beads.

real israeli

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:50 am
It is possible. And in this case I already ordered and they don't have a cancel button so I will swallow the extra $10 because they do promise to back it up which is something Ali won't do - if you run out of beads they'll replenish etc.
but honestly I would not have ordered had I known I can get the exact same picture on Ali (and yes I already found it there). So after posting that I ordered and that they had great customer service I felt I needed to post this as well.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 6:43 am
malky800 wrote:
I hope I didn't get anyone too excited with the post title ...

I was just wondering if the paint would stay on the diamonds and whether they would scratch what you were painting.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 6:58 am
Can an 11 year old do this or will she get frustrated? If the beads are placed with tweezers I think it would be too much for her.

goforit

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:11 am
amother wrote:
Can an 11 year old do this or will she get frustrated? If the beads are placed with tweezers I think it would be too much for her.

Yeh sure, the round beads are easier than square. Square looks nicer done.

real israeli

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 11:07 pm
I just want to update by saying I got my set and am more than half way through - finding it really enjoyable! And relaxing!

But aliexpress has all the pictures that the site OP posted has plus many many more. And for a lot cheaper. Can't say they'll back it up if something is missing though I never ordered directly from them. Hopefully the set should come complete!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics