Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Pesach cleaning a breeze... ez peezy & fun!!! Fun??? Yup!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Mommyg8

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 11:28 pm
I am completely in love with my steam machine! It actually makes cleaning fun, and it's the best thing for the freezer and refrigerator.

I wouldn't worry about using it for the bathroom and kitchen, as it sterilizes as it goes. I feel like my house gets a really deep down cleaning when I use it!

I don't think this works as well on carpet or upholstery, sorry.

And you do have to be careful with painted surfaces, it can melt off the paint if you hold it in one place too long.

But I seriously love my steam cleaner! It REALLY saves the day for erev pesach!

happy_tobeme

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 10:18 am
You shouldn’t use a steam cleaner on hardwood. Even if the machine says it’s ok. There are no major hardwood providers who recommend the use of these products on their materials.

InnerMe

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 11:00 am
This totally looks awesome!!!
Can you use it just itself to clean a tiled floor? Or would a mop & detergent be needed before/after?
Also what about the safety of it? Is it safe to use around children? How hot does it become?

Surrendered

Post Fri, Dec 29 2017, 12:22 pm
It comes with a miracle mop attached, but no need to mop after cleaning tiles. It's hot, kids need to be careful.

Surrendered

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 12:07 pm
Now! Is the perfect time to get the magic steam machine, for a fun and ez pesach cleaning. Let the steam of the machine do the work for you.

toysrus

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 12:47 pm
cm wrote:
I have two Shark steamers, one handheld and one for the floor. The best way to clean!

Whats better of the two?

toysrus

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 1:05 pm
Can u use it to clean out drawers and cupboards?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 1:43 pm
cm wrote:
I have two Shark steamers, one handheld and one for the floor. The best way to clean!

Can you post a link for the handheld steamer that you have? And also a review of what you use it for? Thanks! Smile

tweek

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 1:46 pm
Does anyone have something like this with suction for the water left over afterwards? The cleanup after leaving water all over sounds like a big job......

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 3:08 pm
toysrus wrote:
Can u use it to clean out drawers and cupboards?

Of course! Anything in house..

It's steam, It doesn't leave over water. Just wipe down with a cloth.

No detergent needed at all.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 12:33 am
I got the steamer on your recommendation, but I am really not so happy. Maybe I'm just using it wrong. I used it to mop my floor. Still took lots of muscle work and didn't do a much better job. My husband tried it and didn't use it again. Said he prefers his Swiffer mop.
I used a scrub brush attachment to clean out a gross tub that had sewer backup. No way I'd ever use that brush anywhere but a bathroom anymore. And the bristles got bent out of shape from one cleaning.

Then I ran out of water before finishing and its a 40 minute wait time to start again. 30 mins for machine to cool and another 8 for the new water to heat. And according to package instructions I can't switch attachments when it's hot so I'm stick with whichever attachment I pick for the duration.

I also couldn't figure it out how to drain excess water when it's finished without turning the whole machine upside down...

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I really want to love this. Money is tight and I splurged on this for my birthday. I don't have cleaning help so the burden is all on me..

Surrendered

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 12:50 am
amother wrote:
I got the steamer on your recommendation, but I am really not so happy. Maybe I'm just using it wrong. I used it to mop my floor. Still took lots of muscle work and didn't do a much better job. My husband tried it and didn't use it again. Said he prefers his Swiffer mop.
I used a scrub brush attachment to clean out a gross tub that had sewer backup. No way I'd ever use that brush anywhere but a bathroom anymore. And the bristles got bent out of shape from one cleaning.

Then I ran out of water before finishing and its a 40 minute wait time to start again. 30 mins for machine to cool and another 8 for the new water to heat. And according to package instructions I can't switch attachments when it's hot so I'm stick with whichever attachment I pick for the duration.

I also couldn't figure it out how to drain excess water when it's finished without turning the whole machine upside down...

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. I really want to love this. Money is tight and I splurged on this for my birthday. I don't have cleaning help so the burden is all on me..

Please read pamphlet carefully before using. It comes with many attachments. Softer, tougher for grease or grout... if you use the scrub brush or soft bristles or rub to strong, it will get bent out. No need to work hard or apply pressure to use, ez does it.
It takes 5-10 minutes to warm up, works about 45 minutes each round.
It's a typical good miracle mop, don't know what you did wrong. Please call up the company and ask any questions, they're very helpful. They stand behind their products and have a great warranty. 1800 711 6617. Hatzlacha

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 1:04 am
Idk, I did read the book very carefully and I watched several YouTube's about it as well. I don't think I did anything wrong, pretty sure I used the right pieces for what I needed. It didn't work nearly as well as I expected, what can I say, def not easier than a regular mop or the like. I was kinda hoping you'd have an answer for me that would change things completely and I wouldn't find it so cumbersome or inconvenient to use. I don't think I have anything to call the company about, pretty sure I'm using as intended.

At least tell me this, how do you dump out the excess water from the machine at the end?

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 9:57 pm
I too purchased one on your recommendation. I pictured a machine that blasts away dirt, using steam, much the same way a pressure washer uses water.

That is not the case at all. It just steams the area in sort of like a cloud, Smokey kind of way. Not enough pressure to move a particle of dust. Then you are just left with a wet area with loose dirt in the water same as if you used a wet shmatte. Not sure what the point is......

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 10:32 pm
No rubbing scrubbing or elbow grease work on your hands. It definitely saves time koach and money on cleaning help... Let the steam machine do the work for you.
Spray, wipe and watch all grease and dirt melt away. No detergent or toothbrushes needed. If you don't find it to be amazing and saving you loads of work, please do call the company. They might be able to guide you better.

Mommyg8

Post Sat, Jan 20 2018, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:
I too purchased one on your recommendation. I pictured a machine that blasts away dirt, using steam, much the same way a pressure washer uses water.

That is not the case at all. It just steams the area in sort of like a cloud, Smokey kind of way. Not enough pressure to move a particle of dust. Then you are just left with a wet area with loose dirt in the water same as if you used a wet shmatte. Not sure what the point is......

Im not the op of this thread, but I'm sorry if I contributed to your buying a machine that you're not happy with.

I'm not sure why your machine is doing that, my machine has lots of pressure. I find it works best for crevices, etc. You have to point the nozzle very close to the area you want to clean, and it should be pressure cleaning that area. What I like is that I feel that it sterilizes the area as well, but you can't clean large surfaces quickly. You might need scrubber attachments if you have heavy grime or dirt, though. For pesach, I use this on my oven, especially the door which doesn't self clean. I spray fantastik, then use the steamer with scrubber attachment or steelwool. It seriously cuts cleaning time, plus it feels like fun!

I recently used it to defrost snd clean my freezer. I thought it cur the cleaning time in half.

I would be happy yo answer any questions....

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:04 am
General sales tip: beware of anything named "miracle"

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:15 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
Im not the op of this thread, but I'm sorry if I contributed to your buying a machine that you're not happy with.

I'm not sure why your machine is doing that, my machine has lots of pressure. I find it works best for crevices, etc. You have to point the nozzle very close to the area you want to clean, and it should be pressure cleaning that area. What I like is that I feel that it sterilizes the area as well, but you can't clean large surfaces quickly. You might need scrubber attachments if you have heavy grime or dirt, though. For pesach, I use this on my oven, especially the door which doesn't self clean. I spray fantastik, then use the steamer with scrubber attachment or steelwool. It seriously cuts cleaning time, plus it feels like fun!

I recently used it to defrost snd clean my freezer. I thought it cur the cleaning time in half.

I would be happy yo answer any questions....

Thanks for answering. One of the things I was dreaming of using this on was my baseboards and moldings. Wanted to just blast away the dust and then wipe down. I’m not finding that it moves anything. Left with wet dust to wipe off so it feels the same as if I would just be cleaning with a wet rag..... any tips?

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:17 am
amother wrote:
General sales tip: beware of anything named "miracle"

That’s why I was relying on imas recommendations here and not on their ads.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:38 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for answering. One of the things I was dreaming of using this on was my baseboards and moldings. Wanted to just blast away the dust and then wipe down. I’m not finding that it moves anything. Left with wet dust to wipe off so it feels the same as if I would just be cleaning with a wet rag..... any tips?

I find it works really great on baseboards and moldings. Is your machine defective? Or are you holding the nozzle too far away? The steam gets cold relatively quickly, which is one of the reasons I like this so much as it feels relatively safe for that reason. To clarify, the temperature at the tip can be 240 degrees, but even 10 inches away from the nozzle the steam will be cool enough to touch. This makes me feel safer, but you do have to hold the nozzle closer to the item you want to clean...

Does this help?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics