Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Aliexpress Kosher Sheitals

malky800

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 10:19 pm
I read an article recently in the mishpacha magazine about buying a sheital for cheaper on Ali Express.
Anyone else out there who really did and what was your experience with it?

sitting

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 8:48 am
I did after reading the mishpacha article. I spent $340 and so far in very happy.
I did phone my credit company first to find put that I would be covered incase it wasn't what I wanted etc. they were very reassuring and I had 6 monthe to file a complaint if I wasn't happy. I would only order ONE. some people ordered 3 or 4 and were not happy.
I would also keep it simple.
good luck

debsey

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:41 am
sitting wrote:
I did after reading the mishpacha article. I spent $340 and so far in very happy.
I did phone my credit company first to find put that I would be covered incase it wasn't what I wanted etc. they were very reassuring and I had 6 monthe to file a complaint if I wasn't happy. I would only order ONE. some people ordered 3 or 4 and were not happy.
good luck

can you take us through exactly what you ordered? I found the site very confusing.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:55 am
sitting wrote:
good luck

Off topic, but what credit card company gives you 6 months to file a complaint and get a refund? I thought you only have 2 months, or sometimes a max of 3.

sitting

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 10:51 am
so I do not live in the USA. and my c.c. is with my bank.
re the order I did it from that guy mentioned in the article - cant rcall his name but will try look it up on my emails for you .
I was very specific
asked him to send photos.
paid and received about 3 weeks later.
hope that helps.
ps I took it to a sheital masher before I sent him an email to say I had received it and was happy with it.

happy mommy6

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 12:39 am
Bumping this up.....anyone else get shaitel from alli and were you happy?

cbg

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 7:12 am
happy mommy6 wrote:
Bumping this up.....anyone else get shaitel from alli and were you happy?

This was NOT from aliexpress, but an Asaian company.
I wanted a headband Sheitel to wear in the summer while in Israel.
I'm color 4.
When it came it didn't have a headband and its blonde.
The quality seemed nice enough but I can't wear it.
I paid $180
I tried contacting the company, phone disconnected
They never answered my emails.
I filed a claim with AE. I wasn't charged

Anyone need a blonde fall? I want to give it to someone who really needs.
I think it might be a color 8 or 10.
PM me if you are interested.

Still looking for a HH color 4 (dark brown) headband Sheitel.
A little longer than shoulder length. (If it hits my bra strap, it's too long)
Don't want to pay more than $200.

costanza

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 9:50 am
I would like to re-open this discussion. Has anyone else bought sheitals from Ali Express lately? I am weary about believing all of the rave reviews on the website. But at the same time, I'm interested in the low cost and supposed high quality.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 10:11 am
I bought a hat fall from Jack, the site mentioned in Mishpacha.

I had it professionally washed and set and cut.

For 3 months it looked fine. I wore it a few hours a week, mostly I work from home.

After 3 months the hair looked rougher and more course. Now it's at that point where it looks good for those first 2 days after it's been washed and set, and looks somewhat horrid after that.

$350 for 3 months. That would be $1,400 a year or $2,800 for 2 years.

My $2,700 Shevy that's 8 years old is just starting to die now. So, while it's much easier to cough up $350 here and there than to spend $2K every 5-10 years, I'm finished with trying to buy cheap Sheitels.

I bought 2 Sheitels on sale about 6 years ago, one was $950 and one was $1,200. Both got to that stage where they looked awful except for the 2 days after being freshly washed and blown, in less than a year.

It's insane to spend more than my mortgage on a wig; however, I've personally found that the cheap wigs are a waste of money. I wish this were not the case!

ez-pass

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 10:48 am
I have a fall from Ali and I am very happy with it. Half my family has it and it is great. I have for about 9 months now. I wash it myself and it dries naturally.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 5:41 pm
I bought a shaitel with them and have been happy with it. It's not magnificent, but it is great for everyday.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Nov 23 2020, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

OutATowner

Post Fri, Aug 17 2018, 6:37 pm
Very happy with my sheitel from Malky Wigs. Paid 600 for 18inch, that was 2 years ago, dont know if her prices went up. Two years later and loving it.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Aug 18 2018, 4:06 pm
My biggest complaint with AliExpress wig sellers, is that they don't do auburns! I'm a 30/33, and they just don't exist. It must be a very hard color to do on Asian hair. Crying

HooRYou

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:07 am
I bought a Wig from Ali. Not from the company mentioned in the article but a different company that I read a lot of women were happy with. I was looking for a medium length naturally curly wig that I could wash myself and air dry. I am kind of an easy customer as my head is on the small side and my color is uncomplicated and dark. I absolutely LOVE the wig I bought and it was a little more than $200! Totally worth it. It washes and air dries like I wanted and certainly doesn't feel like other wigs that I have that are Chinese hair since it is super soft and sleek, not at all coarse. I bought a famous name brand wig about a year ago for a simcha and it is the knottiest wig I have ever owned and doesn't really hold a curl. I wish I had been less afraid at the time to order from China! With most of these companies you order a # lighter in color and a size larger for the cap. Many people get custom color blends they are happy with. There are also women who are making a small percentage on helping you buy a wig from China and if you are not happy with the purchase you are not obligated to buy since they can pretty easily find a different buyer most of the time.

Don't be afraid! Go for it!

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 7:28 am
HooRYou wrote:
I bought a Wig from Ali. Not from the company mentioned in the article but a different company that I read a lot of women were happy with. I was looking for a medium length naturally curly wig that I could wash myself and air dry. I am kind of an easy customer as my head is on the small side and my color is uncomplicated and dark. I absolutely LOVE the wig I bought and it was a little more than $200! Totally worth it. It washes and air dries like I wanted and certainly doesn't feel like other wigs that I have that are Chinese hair since it is super soft and sleek, not at all coarse. I bought a famous name brand wig about a year ago for a simcha and it is the knottiest wig I have ever owned and doesn't really hold a curl. I wish I had been less afraid at the time to order from China! With most of these companies you order a # lighter in color and a size larger for the cap. Many people get custom color blends they are happy with. There are also women who are making a small percentage on helping you buy a wig from China and if you are not happy with the purchase you are not obligated to buy since they can pretty easily find a different buyer most of the time.

Don't be afraid! Go for it!

Thank you for posting this. Can you also please post a link to the wig you bought?

HooRYou

Post Sun, Sep 16 2018, 11:50 am
https://www.alibaba.com/produc......html

Tell Olive that Yael sent you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels