Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
I want to become a writer!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 1:19 pm
I already have a daytime job but I'd do have talent and passion for expressing my thoughts in writing. I feel it could become a fulfilling part-time job.

How do I start?

For those who are writing for frum magazines, how did you first get your submission printed?

Which are the magazines that are easiest to get published in? Which ones are hardest?

Any tips?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 1:36 pm
The question is, what types of writing do you do, and how serious are you about breaking in as a parnassa? If you enjoy writing as an art, e.g. fiction, essays, poetry... it is considered a submission, if you are good it will be noticed and published but no guarantees of publication or payment. If you are serious about writing as a parnassa, you need to use your business savvy and think: what does this magazine want/need? How can I help them? That means pitching ideas before writing, doing interviews and research, some promotional writing, etc. Good luck!

Writergirl

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 1:42 pm
If you want to become a writer - DO IT!

I'm published in quite a number of magazines bh - do you want to pm me?

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:24 pm
It's usually not a question of wanting to become a writer. The question is, do people want to read what you write? If the answer is yes, then go for it! I want to become a singer. People DO NOT want to hear me sing. (they've literally TOLD me that.) So I'm not a singer. And judging by your post, OP, people are reading what you have to write! Go for it! I look forward to reading what you have to say!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:36 pm
Thanks for all your replies!

People have told me how much they love to read what I write.

What exactly is the process for submitting a piece to a magazine (or other)? I don't want to waste my time or be ignored. How do I go about this?

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 4:32 pm
theres a lot of info in this thread

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....49426
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room