Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Gmail is so confusing- help

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:33 pm
I don't like gmail it is so confusing because the emails don't come in order and separate. they come together in the same thread and if I read them once and want to go back into it later, I don't know what came first. Is there a way to change it so there are no threads? Each email is separate and in order?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 9:35 pm
Open Gmail.
Click the gear in the top right.

Select Settings.
Scroll down to the Conversation View section (stay in the "General" tab).
Choose Conversation view on or Conversation view off.
Click Save changes at the bottom of the page.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 4:27 pm
thank you

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 4:51 pm
I don't get the question, though. If you're looking at a threaded conversation and want to know what came first, well, the first email in the thread came first...

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 7:45 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't get the question, though. If you're looking at a threaded conversation and want to know what came first, well, the first email in the thread came first...

Sometimes it's not in order. I don't like when they are together. Other email systems are better.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2018, 7:59 pm
seeker wrote:

Sometimes they're out of order, or some parts of the conversation are duplicated or triplicated throughout the thread and just randomly show up again.

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 9:08 am
Strange, I've been a heavy gmail user for years and that never happened to me. Sorry.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 9:26 am
seeker wrote:
Strange, I've been a heavy gmail user for years and that never happened to me. Sorry.

I'm not using straight up gmail. It's my work domain/outlook emails coming in to my phone through gmail. And I hate it. (I had to start using it recently when my Outlook app crashed and I had to transfer it here.)

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 9:41 am
Maybe it's an outlook thing.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 18 2018, 10:11 am
seeker wrote:
Maybe it's an outlook thing.

Nope. It's the gmail app.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics