Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
A "how to handle regarding CV and interviews" question.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:03 pm
I was just let go from a job, after 4 months. My immediate boss did not want to fire me but my boss's boss said she had to. I had been given time to learn the new things but the boss's boss didnt think I was learning it quick enough. My boss even said she would give me a letter of recommendation if and when I need it.
So, my question is, what do I write in my CV regarding this short job and when I was let go? And then what do I say in interviews?

(the sad part was that I was never told at any time that I needed to improve the time of learning the task, but thats a whole other story)

challahchallah

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:59 pm
I'm so sorry--that sounds rough. Honestly, I'd leave it off if the rest of your work history is solid. Are there particularly strong accomplishments from your four months there that you'd like to be able to point to? Resumés are more like advertisements of yourself where you put your most relevant accomplishments; they don't need to be an exhaustive work history.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 3:17 pm
challahchallah wrote:
I'm so sorry--that sounds rough. Honestly, I'd leave it off if the rest of your work history is solid. Are there particularly strong accomplishments from your four months there that you'd like to be able to point to? Resumés are more like advertisements of yourself where you put your most relevant accomplishments; they don't need to be an exhaustive work history.
The only reason why I would even think about putting this on my CV is because my immediate boss said she would give me a letter of recommendation, so how could I do that if I dont put the job on the resume? Sad

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 3:24 pm
Why don't you take the letter or recommendation and hold onto it for backup but see if you can leave it off your resume for now. You can reevaluate later.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 3:34 pm
Leave it off your resume and give a prior boss as a reference , not this one
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics