Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Looking for a job... again
1  2  Next

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 10:15 am
I searched six months until I finally found what I thought will be my dream job. They needed help with customer service, social media, designing and planning website, sales etc.
just what I’m good at. Oh and a little bit of packing and sending out orders.

Ok no problem.

Haha funny joke.

I came in the first day and I saw a disgustingly dirty office, my desk is a plastic table and my chair is a folding chair. And I am asked to pack out 200+ orders on my first day. And the next. And the next.
And I do it on the floor because there is no other place.
I asked for a better chair and he said go order one. (One boss is nice the other is mean) so I did. When it came he said, can you put it together? I said no. He said, ok maybe I’ll do it. It say not done for days. My husband had rachmunus and finally yt it together. But he had to run out and left one last step. I tried to do it but couldn’t. I asked my boss. He said later. Now 2 months later it’s complete but I won’t be enjoying that chair.

I come home exhausted and achy, I am an irritable Mommy and wife.
I feel demeaned. I am so capable and here I am left packing. I don’t have time in my day to do what I really enjoy about my job. Instagram, website, helping customers etc.

Everyone- even the mailman- got holiday bonuses besides me. Maybe because I just came? Idk?

But what really broke me- I packed an order of 200 items. Took me days. I called him and asked him if he can please get me someone to help me pack.
Just as I was done packing and lifted the heavy boxes to the front my boss says, oh the was a mistake. I need you to change the whole order and add 80 pieces.

I’m done.

Looking for a job where I can use my talents. I’m a great people person, I am creative, organized and responsible. I have worked as a secretary for a well know organization and ran the place. I’m in Lakewood.
Please let me know if you have any leads.
And please make sure it’s a place where the workload is fair and the place is clean that I can actually use the bathroom. Thanks

I can’t believe I’m looking again Sad

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:43 am
That's awful

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:51 am
Thanks Amother. At least I know I’m not crazy for not liking my job.

Can anyone give me any ideas for a new job or chizzuk?
I really need a job where I feel like I can make a nice contribution and where I can feel appreciated. I’m scared to quit without another job because the last time I did that I was without a job for months!

The funny thing is is that one boss is very nice, when I talk to him he sounds very understanding but in reality nothing changes.

Boca00

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:54 am
So frustrating. Can you ask the boss if you can hire an assistant to do the packing so you can focus on the other aspects of your job as you aren't able to do both?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 11:54 am
A good work environment is very important. It’s very important to be happy at work. Since you spend lots of your time there. You will find something else.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:06 pm
Boca00 wrote:
So frustrating. Can you ask the boss if you can hire an assistant to do the packing so you can focus on the other aspects of your job as you aren't able to do both?

I did! He said probably not.

Boca00

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:10 pm
amother wrote:
I did! He said probably not.

Oh gosh. You are way overqualified for this job. They can hire someone to pack orders for minimum wage.

Good luck finding something better or convincing them to let you have an assistant!

ces

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:11 pm
That sounds so difficult. I just wonder if it won't get better now at least from the box packing perspective. If you are working for an Amazon business or reseller, they just ended their busiest season and things shouldn't be as insane for the next ten months

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 12:41 pm
If this took place in December I'd understand as I worked in that type of field In the past but it was temporary and they just used as many pairs of hands they had for packing. But us women did the office work as well. We actually loved the warehouse part of working as we did things together and had a change of scenery for a bit. But that was temporary and only through the holiday season.
However your situation sounds a bit crazy. I would not stay either if I were you. ( regarding bonuses: some companies don't give new employees bonuses until they are there a certain amount of time )
This place you are working st just sounds so "heimish" and unprofessional.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 7:50 am
Thanks everyone!

I came holiday season and was told it will get quieter but it has not. In addition, it was decided that from a certain account I will do all the packing for it.

Does anyone have any leads re jobs? Ty!

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 8:09 am
amother wrote:
Thanks everyone!

I came holiday season and was told it will get quieter but it has not. In addition, it was decided that from a certain account I will do all the packing for it.

What city are you in?

mmesti

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 1:17 pm
I would gladly take your job since I've aparently been kicked out of mine after having a baby.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 1:33 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
What city are you in?

Lakewood

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 1:34 pm
mmesti wrote:
I would gladly take your job since I've aparently been kicked out of mine after having a baby.

I’m sorry.
You can gladly have it if you don’t mind walking through the snow (because no one plowed) working in a dirty office and sitting on the floor and packing all day...

mmesti

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
I’m sorry.
You can gladly have it if you don’t mind walking through the snow (because no one plowed) working in a dirty office and sitting on the floor and packing all day...

At least you have an income. I don't by now and I'm freaking out Sad

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 2:22 pm
mmesti wrote:
At least you have an income. I don't by now and I'm freaking out Sad

I’m sorry again.
And next week I won’t have one (again).
Maybe post your location and skills.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jan 05 2018, 2:50 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks everyone!

Well you must be doing a great job with marketing if things aren't quieting down! Put that on your resume Smile

(and - so sorry you are stuck with this for now).

Lizzie4

Post Sat, Jan 06 2018, 12:41 pm
Pm me if you're looking for a job in Lakewood. We are interviewing this week for a few great positions. Needs to be 9-5 (full-time)

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Jan 06 2018, 7:00 pm
Lizzie4 wrote:
Pm me if you're looking for a job in Lakewood. We are interviewing this week for a few great positions. Needs to be 9-5 (full-time)

What type of job?

Lizzie4

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 1:46 pm
Office positions (many different) for a known Lakewood company with an all womens' office. Pm me
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics