Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
B'H for the mess!
Previous  1  2

shanie5

Post Sat, Jan 06 2018, 8:51 pm
A friend of my moms once came to my house and I apologized for the mess. She said to me "ds and sil had a clean house for 10 years. Now their house is messy. They are much happier with the messy house. B"H for the mess" (yes, they waited 10 years for children).
Whenever the mess starts to get to me, I remember what she said and say B"H.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 12:31 am
Postsript:

Late Thursday night after the kitchen floor, cabinets, counters and sinks were sparkling clean I turned on the sink and discovered that it can't be turned off.
I debated waking my husband but decided against it. I through in another load of laundry and decided to call it a night. the rest will be cleaned in the morn (forgot that that my 2 older kids are off from school)
went to sleep for about 4 hours and woke up to a yamsuf in the kitchen. b'H, we eventually reached the management who was able to send us a plumber who was b'h able to fix the sink and leave brown marks all over the floor (see, its good I didn't wash the hallway floor yet this way it was only the kitchen floor that needed to be rewashed).

I painstakingly wiped every candle (among other things we keep the candles in the cabinet under the sink & each container/box was SOAKED!) and did damage control on all items, reorganized the cabinet while 3 kids had a field day with yogurt and the honey bottle.
was all done and wiped up the cabinet with my last remaining shmatta. (most of the shmattas were wet from getting a direct hit as I also keep them under the sink, but b'H I had some in a plastic bag so those remained dry) uh, oh, why is the cabinet wet again?

So now its only the hot water that is turned off. and hopefully the plumber will come on Monday to fix whatever he broke/made loose while fixing the faucet on Friday.

good night my dear ima's, I've got LOTS of damage control to do after a long shabbos....
Boruch Hashem!!!!!!!

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 10 2018, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

heidi

Post Sun, Jan 07 2018, 1:09 am
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but some of these posts are not B"H. Some of you mothers need to take a long hard look at your parenting. We've all had lively toddlers. But sometimes "no!" is a useful and necessary tool. And it is completely irresponsible to go to sleep with a faucet spouting water. Sometimes you need to take responsibility and not leave it all up to Hashem.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics