Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Help me plan cheese dinner

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 12:06 pm
I bought a fun variety pack of cheeses and want to serve for dinner. What can I serve with it? I have young picky eaters (nothing fancy).

nicole81

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 12:22 pm
If you want to highlight the variety of cheeses and keep it simple, I would just do a make-your-own-wrap bar. Give each kid a wrap (or a choice of different kinds of wraps), lay out the cheese, and have bowls with different types of cut up veggies (pepper strips, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc). You can also have different types of sauces or spreads for the wraps if they go for that (hummus, techina, sriracha, ketchup, etc). Teach them how to roll up the wraps and provide parchment paper and/or foil to keep them together, or just forget that and let them eat as they wish Smile

challahchallah

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 2:46 pm
In cold weather especially, we're big fans of cheese toast. Put some slices of bread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and top with thin slices or shredded cheese. Bake @375 until cheese is melty and bread is toasty. I like to serve with tomato soup or marinara sauce.

abaker

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 3:31 pm
Yum sounds like a fun idea!

Serve grapes and olives (my kids love olives) and a simple soup with cheese and assorted crackers. We'd love this meal!

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 3:50 pm
My kids love cheese platters with fruits (dried & fresh) veggies and bread.
I cut them into small pieces, so the kids can try a variety but aren't stuck with a big piece if they don't enjoy one.
We have a mix of savory, spicy and mild cheese with craisins, apricots and grapes for a sweet contrast. Then colorful grape tomatoes and cucumbers for freshness.
Enjoy, it's a really fun meal
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals