Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Could Oprah Winfrey be the next President of the USA?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

simba

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:38 pm
amother wrote:
He also figured out a way to get people to purchase his T-shirts for hundreds of dollars.

Please don't tell me you are advocating Kanye for president? I can't pick up my jaw from the floor!

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:42 pm
amother wrote:
Idea

Hes always picked on or sacred or made fun of all the places she sends him called ' average andy'. Is it because hes jewish?

Oh come on. It’s all a joke. I personally find the whole thing hilarious. Do you people also rhinkn the fight between Matt Damon and jimmy kimmel is real?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:44 pm
amother wrote:
He also figured out a way to get people to purchase his T-shirts for hundreds of dollars.

He figured out nothing. the idiot people who buy the tee shirts are responsible for that. Next you’ll be telling me that the Kardashian’s are smart because they figured out how to make millions....

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 10:45 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
He figured out nothing. the idiot people who buy the tee shirts are responsible for that. Next you’ll be telling me that the Kardashian’s are smart because they figured out how to make millions....

They certainly have good business acumen. I'd love to make millions doing nothing.

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:09 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Oh come on. It’s all a joke. I personally find the whole thing hilarious. Do you people also rhinkn the fight between Matt Damon and jimmy kimmel is real?

A joke that went too far in Nancy's case, for sure. Ellen has managed to make lots of enemies in Hollywood for being insensitive. I think she's in general hilarious, but some of her "jokes" are outta control.

crust

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:12 pm
Quick answer is yes.

I advise her to run in 2024 though. I believe Trump will make it a second time despite all his efforts to...

Last edited by crust on Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:16 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Once twice its a joke.... It has bein done way to many times for my liking. And no Matt Damon and Jimmy is not real everyone knows that he doesn't do to him what ellen does to andy.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:23 pm
simba wrote:
Please don't tell me you are advocating Kanye for president? I can't pick up my jaw from the floor!

No. Not at all. I'm advocating that he's not brainless. (The music much more than the fashion is an indication of that)

He's not fit to be president.

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:31 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Come on. If a car is worth $7k you think the poor people who had to sell it to pay the tax came away with nothing?

I am quite right wing and not american so what I think is really irrelevant about oprah and the presidency however this 'poor vulnerable people' thing is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure they came out ahead of where they were when they walked in to the show.

If Oprah gave them $7000 grossed up to pay income taxes and distributed so as not to effect government programs, they would be thrilled because they walked out better than they were.

But that's not what happened.

They were given a brand new car worth 4 times that. That was taken from them. So they were not better off once their happiness was exploited for the program. Oprah created a different expectancy.

Let's say I was told I was getting $100,000 from a will. But in reality, I only got $20,000 because of waste. It is human nature to feel the loss of $80,000.

If I were told I was getting $20,000 and received $20,000, unquestionably I would not be on the same rollercoaster of expectation and disappointment.

Frankly, I feel Oprah's exploitation was a big giant fraud.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 11:53 pm
As a non-American, I find the discussion in this feed hysterical and troubling simultaneously! Keep it up! My friends and family look to Trump's activities and tweets with sick fascination.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 1:21 am
I found that this 6-minute commentary by the excellent Dave Rubin to be very insightful:

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 1:25 am
Squishy wrote:
If Oprah gave them $7000 grossed up to pay income taxes and distributed so as not to effect government programs, they would be thrilled because they walked out better than they were.

But that's not what happened.

They were given a brand new car worth 4 times that. That was taken from them. So they were not better off once their happiness was exploited for the program. Oprah created a different expectancy.

Let's say I was told I was getting $100,000 from a will. But in reality, I only got $20,000 because of waste. It is human nature to feel the loss of $80,000.

If I were told I was getting $20,000 and received $20,000, unquestionably I would not be on the same rollercoaster of expectation and disappointment.

Frankly, I feel Oprah's exploitation was a big giant fraud.

What generous or compassionate thing has Trump ever done?

marina

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:18 am
Well, here's an enthusiastic endorsement

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 5:28 am
SixOfWands wrote:
But ... she's also promoted blatant quacks..

I agree with all of your post but want to repeat this part.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 5:42 am
BTW, did I miss a thread about the what she said at the Golden Globes, or about the other women who wore black there?

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:02 am
amother wrote:

I have had enough with women who act like bimbos in this thread who can't post under their screen names.

How would asking this question lead to your identity?

shyshira

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:11 am
Squishy wrote:
I have had enough with women who act like bimbos in this thread who can't post under their screen names.

How would asking this question lead to your identity?

What's with the hate on this thread Squishy?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:34 am
amother wrote:

Hmmmm.....

Free Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin?

Do you know how much charity the man gives?

Do you know how much charity Obama gives? Do you know how much charity Joe Biden gives?

Do you know that in general conservatives give more charity then liberals?

Yup. The evil conservatives give more charity then the angelic liberals.

Not that surprising to me.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:38 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Hmmmm.....

Free Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin?

Do you know how much charity the man gives?

Do you know how much charity Obama gives? Do you know how much charity Joe Biden gives?

Do you know that in general conservatives give more charity then liberals?

Yup. The evil conservatives give more charity then the angelic liberals.

Not that surprising to me.

I agree re. Rubashkin.

But I don't think he gives a lot of charity. Perhaps that's because I'm a frum Jew who gives maaser and I've seen/heard about Jewish people giving so much tzedokah.
I mean, sure, $10,000 or even $100,000 sounds like a lot... but for trump, it's not. I'm not comparing that to Obama and Biden; I don't know what they've given but I don't think trump qualifies as giving "a lot" of charity.
But he has done some compassionate things, such as send a private plane for a sick person and other such stories that I've heard about.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 8:39 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I agree re. Rubashkin.

But I don't think he gives a lot of charity. Perhaps that's because I'm a frum Jew who gives maaser and I've seen/heard about Jewish people giving so much tzedokah.
I mean, sure, $10,000 or even $100,000 sounds like a lot... but for trump, it's not. I'm not comparing that to Obama and Biden; I don't know what they've given but I don't think trump qualifies as giving "a lot" of charity.
But he has done some compassionate things, such as send a private plane for a sick person and other such stories that I've heard about.

As far as I know, he gives millions to charity.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics