Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Could Oprah Winfrey be the next President of the USA?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:08 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I agree re. Rubashkin.

But I don't think he gives a lot of charity. Perhaps that's because I'm a frum Jew who gives maaser and I've seen/heard about Jewish people giving so much tzedokah.
I mean, sure, $10,000 or even $100,000 sounds like a lot... but for trump, it's not. I'm not comparing that to Obama and Biden; I don't know what they've given but I don't think trump qualifies as giving "a lot" of charity.
But he has done some compassionate things, such as send a private plane for a sick person and other such stories that I've heard about.

He did come through with the million that he promised after the hurricane swallowed parts of Texas. For him, however, that is probably chump change, if he really has the wealth that he claims to have. Nobody really knows what he is worth in terms of money because he never submitted his taxes.
That being said, I am happy with some of the things that he has accomplished. I would rather see people have jobs than have to rely on the government. I hope that this is the direction that the country is heading.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:18 am
6 more pages!
SixofWands, interesting JTA article.
Dr. Oz for surgeon general.
Will Eckhart Tolle swear her in? Or her current flavor of the decade?
ETA: Lisa Kogan MUST get a cabinet spot. Make one for her if necessary.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:20 am
etky wrote:
They do say that history repeats itself. As farce.

For those who don't learn from history....

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:23 am
Ruchel wrote:
Even more of a clown that Trump. Congrats America.

Did you hear what Catherine Deneuve has said about #me too, and what a chaval it is that men can't even steal a kiss or cop a feel if they want?

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:27 am
shyshira wrote:
What's with the hate on this thread Squishy?

Because grown-up woman can ask a question. The hiding under amother makes them present like silly teenagers.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:28 am
southernbubby wrote:
Woohoo! All day! Reminds me of potty training.

From p. 3.
OMgoodness. You and allthingsblue, such a good thing I finished my coffee. Greatest LOL in a while. Can't wait to open p. 4!

relish

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:33 am
Edited out. Should have been private message.

Last edited by relish on Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:36 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I agree re. Rubashkin.

But I don't think he gives a lot of charity. Perhaps that's because I'm a frum Jew who gives maaser and I've seen/heard about Jewish people giving so much tzedokah.
I mean, sure, $10,000 or even $100,000 sounds like a lot... but for trump, it's not. I'm not comparing that to Obama and Biden; I don't know what they've given but I don't think trump qualifies as giving "a lot" of charity.
But he has done some compassionate things, such as send a private plane for a sick person and other such stories that I've heard about.

The point is that despite Squishys odd grievance against Oprah, she is known to be incredibly charitable and compassionate and has helped many. Trump cannot say the same.

Rubashkin was not out of compassion there was political gain for him there.

shyshira

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:37 am
Squishy wrote:
Because grown-up woman can ask a question. The hiding under amother makes them present like silly teenagers.

I believe the word used was "bimbo", and I think "stupid" was the last one.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:39 am
marina wrote:
Well, here's an enthusiastic endorsement

Wow. They were so young....

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:53 am
Squishy wrote:

I agree.
I sometimes feel like saying to some of the amothers, "kid, does your mother know you hacked into her imamother log in? maybe she shouldn't leave it open when you are around".

I honestly feel that I have had dialog on here with angry 7th graders (or possibly adults who behave like they are in the 7th grade).

shyshira

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 9:59 am
southernbubby wrote:
I agree.
I sometimes feel like saying to some of the amothers, "kid, does your mother know you hacked into her imamother log in? maybe she shouldn't leave it open when you are around".

I honestly feel that I have had dialog on here with angry 7th graders (or possibly adults who behave like they are in the 7th grade).

Articulate angry 7th graders from what I've read.

mommy3b2c

amother wrote:
The point is that despite Squishys odd grievance against Oprah, she is known to be incredibly charitable and compassionate and has helped many. Trump cannot say the same.

Rubashkin was not out of compassion there was political gain for him there.

And what political gain was that?

And trump has certainly done good for people and given a lot of charity.

Oprah is definitely a compassionate person who gives charity. How does that discount trumps charitable donation?

Coffee Addict

mommy3b2c wrote:
Oh come on. It’s all a joke. I personally find the whole thing hilarious. Do you people also rhinkn the fight between Matt Damon and jimmy kimmel is real?

Exactly my thoughts. Why can’t people take humor with a light heart. Not everything is so serious. I love her scares, I’m dying from laughter sometimes.

The matt damon and jimmy kimmel rivalry is hysterical!!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:02 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
Exactly my thoughts. Why can’t people take humor with a light heart. Not everything is so serious. I love her scares, I’m dying from laughter sometimes.

I want to meet you so badly! I just know that you would laugh at all my jokes😀

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:03 am
shyshira wrote:
Articulate angry 7th graders from what I've read.

It depends because my theory is that the less articulate ones are old enough to drive and are posting while at a stop light.

Coffee Addict

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:14 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I want to meet you so badly! I just know that you would laugh at all my jokes😀

Oh, I wanted to meet you way back already! I have a girl crush on you for a while!! embarrassed

Just imagine we would lounge on the couch, munching fresh popcorn, chocolate, and twisslers and we would chuckle in laughter watching Ellen and jimmy, and other entertainment out there!! We would totally have a blast!!

embarrassed

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:16 am
Coffee Addict wrote:

Let me start this off with saying that I've had occasion to watch Ellen and it's fun. It's been a while and was never consistent - when I visited some older relatives - so I don't know what you're referring to. But I can't laugh at someone being embarrassed. When you know 100% sure it's not for real, I can see laughing at it, but I hope I myself wouldn't.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:29 am
Coffee Addict wrote:
Oh, I wanted to meet you way back already! I have a girl crush on you for a while!! embarrassed

Just imagine we would lounge on the couch, munching fresh popcorn, chocolate, and twisslers and we would chuckle in laughter watching Ellen and jimmy, and other entertainment out there!! We would totally have a blast!!

embarrassed

I am laughing so hard right now, you have no idea!!

Coffee Addict

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 11:10 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I am laughing so hard right now, you have no idea!!

LOL
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics