Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
US Grant etc. for studying in Israeli Seminary

rabshi

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 6:34 am
The registration season for seminaries in Israel is starting soon.

We would like if anybody has any info about grants etc. that US citizens can get to pay the tuition for the seminary.

TIA

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 7:04 am
I'm looking into this myself.

Masa has grants and needs based scholarships.

Excelsior (TTI) does something as well but I am not sure what or how it works.

http://partners.excelsior.edu/isap/

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:33 am
If you qualify for FAASA, some seminaries have arrangements with US universities. Otherwise, you'll have to apply to the schools that have arrangements to allow their students to go on the overseas programs. While this is a boon for parents - it enables them to get some extra funding - unfortunately there have been problems with this system and the schools that do this may - rightfully - insist on your daughter attending them after seminary.
I don't have experience myself but others might.

B"H for other sources of funding that are geared to frum people so understand how a family of x can make however much $$$ they do but still need help. MASA is the most well know. We live OOT and our local Federation offers grants for students learning in Israel. The local ZOA branch offers grants too.

First your daughter has to get in somewhere. Then, you might be able to work with the seminary. It's possible they'll offer a scholarship, or a different payment schedule.

Hatzlacha!

chatz

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:19 pm
10+ years ago, I went through Touro's Israel Option. Touro works with certain seminaries. You get college credit for the year, and if you're eligible, you get the government financial aid that you would have gotten for an American college (tap and fafsa).

You can contact Touro for the eligibility for financial aid and how much the programs give. Keep in mind that you need to pay admission fees for Touro.

https://lcw.touro.edu/admissio.....tion/

rabshi

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 9:05 am
I want to clarify that we are living in Israel for a very long time and my kids have US citizenship.

Anyone living in Israel that has had experience with the Israeli Beis Yaakov seminaries with getting grants etc?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions