Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Baking techniques/tricks for muffins

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 4:00 pm
I’m trying to find a chocolate chip muffin recipe that is a ‘winner’ since I make muffins often. Over time, I have learned the following tricks: 1. Make sure the recipe makes enough batter that the muffins are nice size. 2. Bake on higher temperature for first 5 minutes 3. Mix ingredients only until combined. These tips seem to make fluffier muffins with a crispy muffin top (like a bakery?). I have tried using oil and/or applesauce. Oil seems fluffier, but I like the way the apple sauce adds moisture. Latest recipe I decided to try margarine. Not sure what the difference is when using margarine, but the recipe didn’t come out yummy enough to be worth the calories.😋. So baker imothers...... what’s the diff. In types of fats/ liquids (one recipe called for almond milk?) in muffins? Any tips? A winner recipe perhaps? Thanks!!!

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 10:11 pm
Nobody?🙁

momof2+?

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 2:04 pm
rlly nobody?!? trying to bump at diff times of day....

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 4:03 pm
I use the universal muffin recipe from the Tightwad Gazette.
Very simple and personalized.

momof2+?

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 8:26 pm
Universal and personal. I’ll look into it... thanks!

momof2+?

Post Thu, Jan 11 2018, 8:41 pm
Found it lymnok. (Does your username stand for anything? I’m always so curious!) It’s another recipe to try when I’m in the mood, I just wish someone could tell me how different ingredients alter the outcome. I’m sure there are professional bakers on this site... Meanwhile..... Leave your mother, not on kangaroo... lift your meatballs noodles on kitchen (table?)????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins