Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I need plus size dress or fancy top to wear with long skirt

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:35 am
Is there any place I can order a fancy dress or top online? It is difficult for me to go shopping as I do not feel well. I need a place where I can order a long fancy dress OR a fancy top to wear with a long lace or silk skirt that I can order online and return if it does not fit properly. I have a wedding to attend and cannot go shopping because I do not feel well right now. Help! I wear a size 3x.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:45 am
Nordstrom.com.

dressbarn.com

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 7:49 am
HolyClothing.com goes up to 5x, and has gorgeous styles.

The only problem with tops is that the necklines are a bit low, so you'll want to wear a tank top or something underneath to fill in the space.

I have a couple of dresses from them that are 20 years old, and they look as good as the day I bought them. They machine wash and dry beautifully.

Don't forget to check out the Kelly Coat. Oh my gosh, it fits like a dream, and is amazing!

(I do not get paid for this, I'm just a lifelong fan.)

Teomima

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 8:15 am
I've bought beautiful plus size gowns from Macys online. Sizing is really accurate and the return policy is great.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 8:53 am
Nordstrom has a good selection. Love this one

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/x.....ILVER

You can also try Nordstrom Rack, Off Fifth, David’s Bridals, Kiyonna, Eloquii, Adrianna Pappell and Tadashi Shoji.

https://www.tadashishoji.com/b.....-plus

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 11:29 am
Look for the brand "Alex Evenings" on sites like Macys, Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor; particularly for tops. They've got a lot of nice stuff, and especially with a coupon, not too expensive.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 9:15 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
HolyClothing.com goes up to 5x, and has gorgeous styles.

The only problem with tops is that the necklines are a bit low, so you'll want to wear a tank top or something underneath to fill in the space.

I have a couple of dresses from them that are 20 years old, and they look as good as the day I bought them. They machine wash and dry beautifully.

Don't forget to check out the Kelly Coat. Oh my gosh, it fits like a dream, and is amazing!

(I do not get paid for this, I'm just a lifelong fan.)

I went to the Holy Clothing website. A top I like alot said it has a Celtic Knot embroidered pattern. Is this something religious I should keep away from, or just a style that is ok to wear? Thanks for anyone who can respond to my question.

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 9:39 am
amother wrote:
I went to the Holy Clothing website. A top I like alot said it has a Celtic Knot embroidered pattern. Is this something religious I should keep away from, or just a style that is ok to wear? Thanks for anyone who can respond to my question.

It is something religious. It represents the father, son, and Holy ghost, but most Jews wouldn't know this.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 9:46 am
amother wrote:

They have tons of other styles that just have floral embroidery.

The Celtic knot pattern predates Xianity by centuries. If you're a Norse Pagan you might recognize it. IMHO, these days nobody thinks it's anything but a pretty pattern, but I respect your sensibillites if it bothers you.

I'm half Irish, so I dunno! What

Post Tue, Jan 16 2018, 10:05 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
They have tons of other styles that just have floral embroidery.

The Celtic knot pattern predates Xianity by centuries. If you're a Norse Pagan you might recognize it. IMHO, these days nobody thinks it's anything but a pretty pattern, but I respect your sensibillites if it bothers you.

I'm half Irish, so I dunno! What

A lot of the pagan stuff was incorporated by Christianity. This is how Christianity spread so successfully. They took what was already part of the culture and made it their own.

Granted there are not a lot of pagens out there, but there are Irish Catholics who are immersed in their culture who do know the meanings of the various symbols.

I live in a world where people won't have a door with 4 window panes because they don't want a cross displayed on their house. None of these people would knowingly wear a symbol of the father, son, and Holy ghost. The key word is knowingly. And I seriously doubt any of them would know.

If I know about this, there could be another well educated Jew who is aware at the simcha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics